Sep 28, 2019
CHICAGO, Ill. (WLCSports.com) – The Wisconsin Lutheran College women's cross country team finished 19th out of 31 scoring teams Saturday afternoon in a crowded 5K field at the Loyola Lakefront Invitational.
- Event: Loyola Lakefront Invitational
- Location: Montrose Beach, Chicago, Ill.
- WLC Team: 19th of 31, 588 Points
- Top WLC Individual: Brooke Graesslin, 100th of 281, 21:08.6
- Freshman Brooke Graesslin (Janesville, Wis.) paced the Warriors in a jam-packed 281-runner field by placing 100th overall with a season-best 5K time of 21:08.6.
- Senior Becca Heller (South Milwaukee, Wis.) was the second WLC runner to cross the finish line in 136th place with a time of 21:56.9 in her first 5K race of the year.
- Senior Megan Kuether (New Berlin, Wis.) placed 159th with a season-best 5K time of 22:19.7.
- Freshman Hannah Lawless (Danvers, Ill.) posted a season-best 5K time of 22:46.2 for 176th place.
- Senior Amanda Van Swol (Racine, Wis.) rounded out the Warriors' top five finishers with a season-best 5K time of 23:04.1 for a 192nd-place finish.
- Marquette topped the 31-team field with 66 points and had three of its runners place inside the top nine. Souleya Ibrahim of Oakton Community College was the overall race winner with a 5K time of 18:43.03.
- Wisconsin Lutheran hosts the 19th annual Warrior Invitational next Saturday, October 5 at Greenfield Park. The 6K race is scheduled for 12:00 p.m.