GREEN BAY, Wis. (WLCSports.com) – The Wisconsin Lutheran College women's cross country team opened its 2018 season Saturday with a fifth-place finish at the 11-team scoring Tom Barry Invitational at Colburn Park. It marks the Warriors' highest finish at the season-opening 5K meet since 2012.
- Event: Tom Barry Invitational
- Location: Colburn Park, Green Bay, Wis.
- WLC Team: 5th of 11, 156 Points
- Top WLC Individual: Becca Heller, 33rd of 122, 22:01.8
WARRIORS TOP PERFORMERS
- Heller was the top Warriors' finisher on the afternoon with a finishing 5K time of 22:01.8 for 33rd place in the 122-runner field.
- Hannah Weide (New Berlin, Wis.) also finished inside the top 40, placing 39th with a time of 22:18.8.
- Bethany Wagenknecht (Yorba Linda, Calif.) was 47th with a time of 22:49.3.
- Siobhan Heiss (Beloit, Wis.) and Megan Kuether (New Berlin, Wis.) rounded out the Warriors' top five scorers with back-to-back finishes for times of 23:26.9 and 23:31.9, respectively.
- WLC finished with 156 points for fifth place, ahead of fellow NACC schools MSOE, Lakeland, and Alverno. It was its highest finish at the event since 2012.
OTHER TOP PERFORMANCES
- Meet host St. Norbert won the invite by placing its top four runners inside the top eight. The Green Knights' Graceanna Tarsa won the 5K race with a time of 19:24.7.
- Wisconsin Lutheran is off next weekend but returns to race Saturday, September 15 at the UW-Whitewater Tom Hoffman Invitational. The 6K race begins at 10:45 a.m.