ROCK ISLAND, Ill. (WLCSports.com) – The Wisconsin Lutheran College women's cross country team competed at the NCAA Division III Midwest Regional Saturday at Saukie Golf Course. The Warriors placed 30th out of 37 scoring teams with a total of 849 points as Cassie Balts (Barron, Wis.) led the team with a 112th-place finish in a time of 23:27.4.
- Event: 2017 NCAA Division III Midwest Regional
- Location: Saukie Golf Course, Rock Island, Ill.
- WLC Team: 30th of 37, 849 Points
- Top WLC Individual: Cassie Balts, 112th of 263, 23:27.4
WARRIORS TOP FIVE PERFORMERS
- Balts raced to a 112th-place finish in her final career meet with a personal-best 6K time of 23:27.4.
- Megan Kuether (New Berlin, Wis.) finished in a personal-best time of 24:04.2, good for a 156th-place finish.
- Siobhan Heiss (Beloit, Wis.) raced to a 199th-place finish with a personal-best of 25:08.3.
- Madison Mihaljevic (West Allis, Wis.) placed 201st in a personal-best finish of 25:13.7.
- Bethany Wagenknecht (Yorba Linda, Calif.) rounded out the Warriors' top five a step behind Mihalvejic in 25:15.6, good for a personal-best and a 202nd-place finish.
OTHER TOP PERFORMERS
- Christina Biffert (Lomira, Wis.) ran a personal-best time of 25:27.0 and Becca Heller (South Milwaukee, Wis.) concluded the Warriors' lineup in a time of 25:37.0.
- Chicago's Khia Kurtenbach topped the regional field of 263 runners with her winning 6K time of 20:41.3.
- UW-Eau Claire claimed stake to the regional title with 59 points and placed all five of its scoring runners inside the top 25, besting runner-up Washington (Mo.) by 16 points.