MEQUON, Wis. (WLCSports.com) – Cassie Balts (Barron, Wis.) finished 13th overall out of 118 runners to lead the Wisconsin Lutheran College women's cross country team to a fifth-place finish out of 13 scoring teams at the 2017 Northern Athletics Collegiate Conference Cross Country Championships at Concordia Wisconsin's campus course on a blustery Saturday afternoon.
- Event: 2017 NACC Championships
- Location: Concordia Wisconsin Campus Course, Mequon, Wis.
- WLC Team: 5th of 13, 118 Points
- Top WLC Individual: Cassie Balts, 13th of 118, 25:10.1
WARRIORS TOP FIVE PERFORMERS
- Balts led the Warriors with a 13th-place finish to earn All-NACC honors for the third straight season. She finished in a time of 25:10.1.
- Siobhan Heiss (Beloit, Wis.) finished 19th overall in a time of 25:52.7.
- Megan Kuether (New Berlin, Wis.) placed 27th with a time of 26:26.8.
- Christina Biffert (Lomira, Wis.) finished shortly behind Kuether in 31st with a time of 26:39.3
- Becca Heller (South Milwaukee, Wis.) rounded out the Warriors top five in a time of 26:40.1 for 35th place.
- Wisconsin Lutheran finished fifth with 118 points, just 17 behind fourth-place Benedictine and 53 ahead of sixth-place MSOE.
- WLC also finished fifth at the conference championships a season ago, and did so again in 2014.
OTHER TOP PERFORMERS
- Host Concordia Wisconsin placed four runners inside the top nine and won the team title with 40 points, 22 more than runner-up Aurora.
- Benedictine's Emma Roberts topped the 118-runner field with her winning 6K time of 22:46.6, :34 seconds faster than the second-place finisher.
- The Warriors have off next week and will race next at the NCAA Division III Midwest Regional Saturday, November 11 at Saukie Golf Course in Rock Island, Illinois. The women's 6K race is scheduled to start at 11:00 a.m. Wisconsin Lutheran competed on the same course earlier this season, September 22, at the Brissman-Lundeen Invitational.