WHITEWATER, Wis. (WLCSports.com) – Cassie Balts (Barron, Wis.) finished 11th overall out of 155 runners with a 6K time of 26:04.2 to lead the Wisconsin Lutheran College women's cross country team to a seventh-place finish at the Tom Hoffman Invitational Saturday on the campus course at UW-Whitewater.
- Event: Tom Hoffman Invitational
- Location: UW-Whitewater Campus Course, Whitewater, Wis.
- WLC Team: 7th of 15, 217 Points
- Top WLC Individual: Cassie Balts, 11th of 155, 26:04.2
WARRIORS TOP FIVE PERFORMERS
- Balts recorded a time of 26:04.2 in her the first 6K race of the season, missing out on a top-10 finish by just a tenth of a second.
- Megan Kuether (New Berlin, Wis.) crossed the finish line in 27:53.9 for 47th place, the second Warrior to cross the finish line.
- Christina Biffert (Lomira, Wis.) recorded a time of 29:12.3 in her first collegiate 6K race.
- Bethany Wagenknecht (Yorba Linda, Calif.) finished 72nd in a time of 29:27.0.
- Becca Heller (South Milwaukee, Wis.) rounded out the Warriors' top five with a time of 29:48.2 for 82nd.
OTHER TOP PERFORMERS
- Invite host UW-Whitewater's Jessica Braun won the 6K race with a winning time of 25:07.5.
- UW-La Crosse captured the team title with 26 points, besting host Whitewater by 35 points. The Eagles placed six runners inside the top 10.
- Wisconsin Lutheran will race next Friday, September 22 at the Brissman-Lundeen Invitational hosted by Augustana in Rock Island, Illinois. The 6K race is scheduled for a 3:00 p.m. start at Saukie Golf Course.