MEMPHIS, Tenn. (WLCSports.com) – Cassie Balts (Barron, Wis./Barron) finished 67th overall to lead the Wisconsin Lutheran College women's cross country team to a 14th-place finish out of 20 scoring teams at the Rhodes Invitational at Shleby Farms Park on Saturday afternoon.
- Event: Rhodes Invitational
- Location: Shelby Farms Park, Memphis, Tenn.
- WLC Team: 14th of 20, 374 Points
- Top WLC Individual: Cassie Balts, 67th of 158, 20:42.15
WARRIORS TOP FIVE PERFORMERS
- Balts was the Warriors' first runner crossing the line, nearly reaching a personal-best time for 67th place.
- Hannah Weide (New Berlin, Wis./Wisconsin Lutheran) was right behind Balts, placing 69th with a personal-best 5K time of 20:43.23.
- Jessica Stumpner (Crystal Lake, Ill./South) placed third in WLC's lineup, also finishing the course in a personal-best 20:58.15.
- Anna Curtis (Palmetto, Ga./Homeschooled) ran a personal-best 5K of 21:34.17.
- Siobhan Heiss (Beloit, Wis./Paramount Christian) ran the course in a personal-best 22:29.54 for the Warriors.
OTHER TOP PERFORMERS
- Memphis coasted to the team championship, defeating host Rhodes by 67 points.
- The Tigers posted the top two 5K race finishers as Martina Rodriguez and Chelsea Ladd led the field of runners. Rodriguez recorded a winning time of 17:34.51.
- The Warriors return to action on October 1, hosting the Warrior Invitational at Greenfield Park in West Allis. The women's 6K race is scheduled for a Noon start.