GREEN BAY, Wis. (WLCSports.com) – Cassie Balts (Barron, Wis./Barron) finished 27th overall to lead the Wisconsin Lutheran College women's cross country team to a seventh-place finish out of 14 scoring teams at the season-opening Tom Barry Invitational at Colburn Park on Saturday morning.
- Event: Tom Barry Invitational
- Location: Colburn Park, Green Bay, Wis.
- WLC Team: 7th of 14, 184 Points
- Top WLC Individual: Cassie Balts, 27th of 143, 20:42.0
WARRIORS TOP FIVE PERFORMERS
- Balts led the Warriors with a 27th-place finish and a personal-best 5K time of 20:42.0.
- Hannah Weide (New Berlin, Wis./Wisconsin Lutheran) crossed the finish line with a time of 21:23.2, earning herself a 36th-place finish.
- Anna Curtis (Palmetto, Ga../Homeschooled) completed the course in a personal-best time of 21:41.5 to place 43rd.
- Jessica Stumpner (Crystal Lake, Ill./South) completed the 5K course in 21:47.8.
- Hannah Moffenbier (Watertown, S.D./Great Plains Lutheran) rounded out the Warriors' leaders with a time of 23:00.0 in her first collegiate race.
OTHER TOP PERFORMERS
- Casey Hovland from the College of St. Scholastica took the individual 5K course crown with a finishing time of 17:51.2.
- Host St. Norbert claimed the 14-scoring team title with 23 points, besting the College of St. Scholastica's 52 points. The Green Knights placed seven runners inside the top 10 to capture the team title.
- WLC returns to action on Saturday, September 17 at the Rhodes Invitational at Shelby Farms Park in Memphis, Tenn. The 6K race is scheduled to start at 8:40 a.m.