WEST ALLIS, Wis. - Three runners finished inside the top 25 as the Wisconsin Lutheran College women's cross country team placed third out of 13 scoring teams with 120 points on Saturday at the Warrior Invitational held at Greenfield Park.
- Location: Greenfield Park, West Allis, Wis.
- WLC Team: 3rd of 13, 120 Points
- Top WLC Individual: Cassie Balts (Barron, Wis./Barron), 8th of 125, 24:42.6
WARRIORS TOP FIVE PERFORMERS
- Balts recorded her second-career top 10 finish by placing eighth with a time of 24:42.6 on the 6K course.
- Jessica Stumpner (Crystal Lake, Ill./South) and Hannah Weide (New Berlin, Wis./Wisconsin Lutheran) each finished within the top 25 with times of 25:53.3 and 25:59.6, respectively.
- Bethany Wagenknecht (Yorba Linda, Calif./Esperanza) was 37th with a time of 27:13.4.
- Maria Froman's (Dearborn, Mich./Huron Valley Lutheran) season-best 6K time of 27:46.9 was good for 48th.
OTHER TOP PERFORMERS
- Siobahn Heiss (Beloit, Wis./Paramount Christian) and Erika Shaw (Lafayette, Ind./Harrison) each posted personal-best 6K performances with times of 28:00.1 and 28:00.5, respectively.
- Kristina Schuette (Manitowoc, Wis./Lutheran) rounded out the Warriors' race lineup with a time of 28:23.8.
- Former Warrior Julie Favorite was the overall race winner with her finishing time of 22:32.3. Beloit took home the team title with three top-seven finishers and 35 points
- Wisconsin Lutheran will race again next Saturday when it competes in the Cowbell Classic hosted by Principia in Elsah, Ill. The women's 6K race begins at 11 a.m.