ROCK ISLAND, Ill. – Cassie Balts (Barron, Wis./Barron) placed 108th overall out of 583 runners with a time of 24:33.0 to pace the Wisconsin Lutheran College women's cross country team in a stacked field at the Brissman-Lundeen Invitational Friday at Saukie Golf Course. The Warriors finished 31st among 50 scoring teams with 883 points.
- Location: Saukie Golf Course, Rock Island, Ill.
- WLC Team: 31st of 50, 883 Points
- Top WLC Individual: Cassie Balts, 108th of 583, 24:33.0
WARRIORS TOP FIVE PERFORMERS
- Balts crossed the finish line in a season-best time 24:33.0 in the 6K event.
- Jessica Stumpner (Crystal Lake, Ill./South) posted a solid personal-best time of 25:14.8 to place 174th.
- Hannah Weide (New Berlin, Wis./Wisconsin Lutheran) recorded a time of 25:45.0 in her second collegiate race.
- Anna Curtis (Palmetto, Ga./Homeschooled) crossed the line in 26:36.5 for a personal-best.
- Bethany Wagenknecht (Yorba Linda, Calif./Esperanza) finished in 27:00.6 also for a season-best 6K.
OTHER TOP PERFORMERS
- Maria Froman (Dearborn, Mich./Huron Valley Lutheran) completed her 6K race in a season-best time of 27:48.5.
- Kristina Schuette (Manitowoc, Wis./Lutheran) (27:53.3), Erika Shaw (Lafayette, Ind./Harrison) (28:05.9), and Siobhan Heiss (Beloit, Wis./Paramount Christian) (28:44.7) also competed for WLC. All three times were personal-bests.
- Ferris State won the team title with 125 points. Millikin's Sarah Bradley emerged as the 6K race winner with a time of 21:26.2.
- WLC returns to action next Saturday, October 3 when it hosts the Warrior Invitational. The 6K race is scheduled for an 11 a.m. start at Greenfield Park in West Allis.