Sep 07, 2019
OSHKOSH, Wis. (WLCSports.com) - The Wisconsin Lutheran College women's volleyball played its final two matches at the Pizza Hut Classic Saturday morning, dropping matches against host UW-Oshkosh and Carroll.
- Final Scores: UW-Oshkosh 3, Wisconsin Lutheran 0 (25-22, 25-13, 25-22); Carroll 3, Wisconsin Lutheran 2 (21-25, 26-28, 25-23, 25-17, 15-11)
- Records: Wisconsin Lutheran (1-6), UW-Oskhosh (4-2), Carroll (5-3)
- Location: Kolf Sports Center, Oshkosh, Wis.
- In the first match against UW-Oshkosh, the Warriors played competitively against the Titans but fell in three sets. The Titans took the first and third set 25-22, with a 25-13 set in between.
- Against Carroll, the Warriors won the first set 25-21 backed by 14 kills. WLC won 28-26 in a back-and-forth extended second set.
- Carroll won the next set 25-23, in another set that traded leads between the two teams. The fourth set went the way of the Pioneers 25-17.
- The fifth set went to the Pioneers 15-11 as Carroll won the match 3-2.
- Junior Grace Tomhave (Lake Mills, Wis.) finished with a match-high 12 kills against UW-Oshkosh, finishing with a total of 23 attacks. Freshman Ally Goba (Mukwonago, Wis.) led the Warriors with 16 digs.
- Tomhave and freshman Jenna Charron (Appleton, Wis.) led the Warriors in kills against Carroll, totaling 12 and 10 respectively. Goba finished with 19 digs to lead WLC and freshman Emily Sarles (Lombard, Ill.) led the Warriors in assists with 22.
- Samantha Jaeke led the Titans with eight kills, Rebecca Doughty finished with 11 assists, and Rachel Gardner totaled 17 digs.
- Kylie Mueller and Cassidy Mrotek paced the Pioneers with 15 and 13 kills respectively. Emma Przeslicke finished with 24 assists and Mrotek totaled 20 digs.
- The Warriors travel to Platteville next Friday for the UW-Platteville Invitational. WLC opens play against Cornell College (5-2) at 4:00 p.m. before taking on Bethany Lutheran (3-5) at 6:00 p.m.