Oct 20, 2018
RIVER FOREST, Ill. (WLCSports.com) - The Wisconsin Lutheran College women's volleyball team dropped a four-set match Saturday night at Dominican, falling to the Stars 3-1 in NACC action inside the Igini Sports Forum.
- Final Score: Dominican 3, Wisconsin Lutheran 1 (25-23, 24-26, 25-21, 25-19)
- Records: Wisconsin Lutheran (16-9, 7-4 NACC), Dominican (18-7, 9-2 NACC)
- Location: Igini Sports Forum, River Forest, Ill.
- The Warriors jumped out to a 10-6 lead in the first set, their largest of the opener, following early back-and-forth action. Wisconsin Lutheran held a 12-9 advantage before the Stars rattled off five straight points to take the lead for good. DU pushed its lead to as many as six at 24-18, before WLC answered with four straight, but the hosts held on for a 25-23 opening set win.
- Wisconsin Lutheran held a pair of three-point leads in the second set at 6-3 and 14-11. Dominican strung together six straight points to take a 17-14 lead and then held a 23-19 advantage. WLC mounted a 7-1 run, paced by a trio of kills from Carly Heuer (Germantown, Wis.) to win the set, 26-24.
- WLC took the lead in the early stages of the third set and had an 11-9 lead before DU scored five in a row. The Warriors grabbed the lead back at 18-16 only to see the Stars score another four straight for a 20-18 lead. After the Green and White came within a point at 21-20, Dominican scored four of the next five for a 25-21 set three victory.
- The Stars jumped out to a 7-2 fourth set lead only to see the Warriors take their first lead at 13-11 after five straight points. Following four ties, DU closed the fourth set on an 8-2 run to win the set 25-19 and take the match.
- Heuer and Mercedes Pye (Zion, Ill.) paced the Warriors with 11 kills each, while Pye posted 23 digs for her 10th double-double of the season. Abby Raasch (Stillwater, Minn.) added 10 kills offensively.
- Cassidy Johnson (Germantown, Wis.) also added a double-double, her 11th of the year, of 44 assists and 10 digs.
- Dayton Pye (Zion, Ill.) and Britley Grulke (Hustisford, Wis.) added 18 and 11 digs, respectively. Grace Tomhave (Lake Mills, Wis.) led the way with seven block assists.
- Gabija Sinickaite led the Stars with 19 kills on .474 hitting, while Gillian Jones added 13 kills and 16 digs. Anastasia Labadessa also posted a double-double of 47 assists and 11 digs.
- The Warriors wrap up their conference schedule with a midweek match at Concordia Wisconsin (17-8, 9-2 NACC) at 7:00 p.m. on Wednesday. Live stats and video will be available for the matchup at WLCSports.com.