BLOOMINGTON, Ill. (WLCSports.com) - The Wisconsin Lutheran College women's volleyball team split its first two matches on the opening day of the Barker Chevrolet Classic Friday night at Illinois Wesleyan. The Warriors defeated Central 3-2 in the first match of the night and then fell in three sets to Westminster (Mo.) to close out the evening.
- Final Scores: Wisconsin Lutheran 3, Central 2; Westminster (Mo.) 3, Wisconsin Lutheran 0
- Records: Wisconsin Lutheran (12-16), Central (9-22), Westminster (Mo.) (17-9)
- Location: Shirk Center, Bloomington, Ill.
HOW IT HAPPENED (CENTRAL)
- Wisconsin Lutheran opened play Friday defeating Central, 3-2, for its second win over the Dutch this season.
- The Warriors won the match by scores of 25-22, 18-25, 21-25, 25-22, and 15-11.
- Britley Grulke (Hustisford, Wis.) led the attack for the Warriors with a double-double of 15 kills and a team-high 22 digs.
- Grace Tomhave (Verona, Wis.) added 12 kills and six block assists.
- Ashley Dyrssen (Vista, Calif.) dished out a career-high 51 assists in her first start of the season, while also adding 14 digs.
- Morgan Scanlon (Racine, Wis.) registered 19 digs while Brooke Roberts (Randolph, Wis.) added 18.
- The Warriors hit a match-high .226 in the first set and then hit .206 with 12 kills in the deciding set, winning 15-11.
HOW IT HAPPENED (WESTMINSTER (MO.))
- In the second match of the evening, the Warriors were defeated in three sets by Westminster (Mo.) by scores of 25-15, 25-10, and 25-19.
- Grulke and Tomhave both registered seven kills in the contest, while Alyssa Charron (Appleton, Wis.) collected five kills.
- Dyrssen recorded her fifth career double-double with 23 assists and 11 digs.
- Scanlon added 10 digs, while Grulke and Roberts collected eight apiece.
- The Warriors collected 7.5 blocks as a team.
- The Warriors continue play at the Barker Chevrolet Classic Saturday, facing Coe (12-15) at 12:00 p.m. and Lincoln Christian (14-14) at 2:00 p.m.