MILWAUKEE (WLCSports.com) - The Wisconsin Lutheran College women's volleyball team dropped a NACC battle in three sets against defending NACC champion Concordia Wisconsin by scores of 25-19, 27-25, and 25-20 Friday night inside the Recreation Complex on WELS Night.
- Final Score: Concordia Wisconsin 3, Wisconsin Lutheran 0 (25-19, 27-25, 25-20)
- Records: Wisconsin Lutheran (6-11, 1-2 NACC), Concordia Wisconsin (16-2, 3-0 NACC)
- Location: Recreation Complex, Milwaukee, Wis.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- The two teams traded points early in the first set, and were tied 10-10 until Concordia Wisconsin rattled off five straight points to take a 15-10 lead. The Warriors were forced to take a timeout, but cut the Falcons lead to just two.
- CUW held a 22-19 advantage and scored three consecutive points to win the first set, 25-19.
- The two teams were tied at 10-10 again in the second set, but it was the Warriors who used a 5-1 run to take a 15-11 lead.
- WLC held a 17-13 advantage, but Concordia answered with three straight points to cut the lead to just one.
- The Falcons took a 24-23 lead, but Britley Grulke (Hustisford, Wis.) delivered a clutch kill to tie the game at 24-24. The two teams were tied at 25 apiece, but the Falcons delivered two consecutive kills to take the second set 26-24.
- WLC jumped out to an 11-8 lead in the third set, but Concordia answered with five straight points for a 13-11 lead.
- CUW held a 21-18 advantage late in the third set and used a 4-2 run to close out the game and match, 25-20.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS
- Grulke led the Warriors with seven kills and eight digs, while Alysha Kahlow (Fond du Lac, Wis.) added six kills.
- Courtney Pattison (Prairie du Chien, Wis.) posted a double-double with 10 digs and 12 assists in the contest. Heather Warskow (Phoenix, Ariz.) added 11 assists for the hosts.
- The Warriors hit .097 in the contest.
FOR THE FOES
- Amanda Schultz led the Falcons with 13 kills, while Kailey Erdman added 10. Erdman also reached a double-double recording 13 digs to lead CUW. Haley Sedo recorded 21 assists in the match and Cristina Stinson added 17.
- Concordia Wisconsin hit .220 in the three sets.
- The Warriors continue Northern Athletics Collegiate Conference play Saturday as they host cross-town foe MSOE (9-11, 1-2 NACC) at the Recreation Complex. The match is scheduled for 12:00 p.m. as WLC welcomes alumni to campus for Alumni Day. The Raiders are coming off their first conference win of the season, defeating Alverno 3-1 Friday night. Links to live stats and video will be available for the match at WLCSports.com