BELOIT, Wis. (WLCSports.com) - The Wisconsin Lutheran College women's volleyball team earned its first two wins of the season and for first-year head coach Jenilee Voss Friday at the Buc Blast Tournament. The Warriors defeated UW-Superior 3-2 after a trilling decisive final set, before collecting a 3-1 win over Rockford for a 2-0 start to the 2017 season.
- Final Scores: Wisconsin Lutheran 3, UW-Superior 2; Wisconsin Lutheran 3, Rockford 1
- Records: Wisconsin Lutheran (2-0), UW-Superior (1-1), Rockford (0-2)
- Location: Flood Arena, Beloit, Wis.
HOW IT HAPPENED (UW-SUPERIOR)
- Wisconsin Lutheran opened the tournament with a five-set win over the Yellowjackets. After alternating set wins through the first four, the Warriors pulled out a 15-12 set five win.
- Britley Grulke (Hustisford, Wis.) posted a team-high 15 kills to go along with 15 digs for WLC. She was the lone Warrior to tally double-digit kill totals.
- Courtney Pattison (Prairie du Chien, Wis.) passed out 46 of the Warriors' 49 assists.
- Defensively, Morgan Scanlon (Racine, Wis.) and Brooke Roberts (Randolph, Wis.) collected 23 and 20 digs, respectively.
- Wisconsin Lutheran hit a match-best 0.316 in the final set.
HOW IT HAPPENED (ROCKFORD)
- After trading wins in the opening two sets, the Warriors rattled off 25-21 and 25-11 wins in sets three and four to earn the non-conference win over the Regents.
- Grulke again notched a double-double with a team-high 16 kills and 11 digs. She added five service aces for a total of nine on the day. Pattison dished out 31 assists.
- Scanlon recorded a team-high 15 digs, with Roberts adding 11.
- Wisconsin Lutheran hit an impressive .533 in the fourth set, posting nine kills in just 15 chances.
- The Warriors are back in Beloit tomorrow for two more matches, starting at 11:00 a.m. vs. the host Bucs (1-1). WLC will also play at 1:00 p.m. against a team yet to be determined pending the outcome of the first matches on Saturday.