MILWAUKEE (WLCSports.com) – The Wisconsin Lutheran College women's volleyball team concluded its conference season with a tough 3-0 defeat against MSOE by scores of 25-12, 31-29, and 25-22 on Saturday afternoon at the Kern Center.
- Final Score: MSOE 3, Wisconsin Lutheran 0 (25-12, 31-29, 25-22)
- Records: Wisconsin Lutheran (12-15, 4-7 NACC), MSOE (5-15, 4-7 NACC)
- Location: Kern Center, Milwaukee, Wis. | Attendance: 177
HOW IT HAPPENED
- After WLC scored the opening point of the set, the Raiders rattled off a 9-0 run to take control of the first set. MSOE posted an impressive .314 attack percentage in the first set.
- In a marathon second set, MSOE started off strong again as it opened up a 9-1 lead. WLC answered and tied the score at 17-17, but MSOE held on for a 31-29 win. The set featured 11 ties as MSOE took the 2-0 lead.
- The Raiders took advantage of 10 Warriors' errors and made just five of their own as they completed the sweep with a 25-22 set three win.
INSIDE THE BOX SCORE
- Britley Grulke (Hustisford, Wis./Hustisford) recorded a double-double with a team-high 11 kills and 10 digs.
- Courtney Pattison (Prairie du Chien, Wis./Prairie du Chien) also recorded a double-double of her own with 16 digs and 14 assists.
- Megan Wierzbicki (Hartford, Wis./Kettle Moraine Lutheran) led the team with 20 digs.
- Heather Warskow (Phoenix, Ariz./Arizona Lutheran) was an assist short of a double-double, as she recorded 16 digs and nine assists.
- For MSOE, Abby Born and Sarabeth Haworth had 11 kills each, Born also dished out 24 assists and Hannah Pekarek tallied 22 digs.
- The Warriors, who saw their three-match winning streak come to an end, finish their conference season in a tie for seventh and two wins short of reaching the NACC Tournament.
- The Warriors will conclude their 2016 season next Saturday at the Eagle Classic in Lisle, Ill. WLC will play North Central (Ill.) (13-12) and Lake Forest (6-15) at 12:00 p.m. and 2:00 p.m., respectively. The Cardinals defeated the Warriors, 3-1, in an earlier matchup this season on September 27.