ROCKFORD, Ill. (WLCSports.com) – The Wisconsin Lutheran College women's volleyball team won its second straight match when it handed Rockford its eighth straight defeat on Tuesday night at the Seaver Center. The Warriors defeated the Regents in three sets by scores of 25-18, 25-21, and 25-11.
- Final Score: Wisconsin Lutheran 3, Rockford 0
- Records: Wisconsin Lutheran (11-14, 3-6 NACC), Rockford (1-19, 0-9 NACC)
- Location: Seaver Center, Rockford, Ill. | Attendance: 77
HOW IT HAPPENED
- The Warriors were able to take the first set 25-18 behind nine kills and an attack percentage of .200, while forcing the Regents into a match-high eight errors.
- In the second set, WLC had a match-high 17 kills posting a hitting percentage of .256 in the closest of the three sets that ended with the Warriors winning 25-21.
- The Warriors were able to put the match away in the third set defeating the Regents with a convincing 25-11 victory behind a match-high hitting percentage of .320 while committing just one error and holding Rockford to a .000 attack percentage.
INSIDE THE BOX SCORE
- Courtney Pattison (Prairie du Chien, Wis./Prairie du Chien) led the way for the Warriors recording a double-double with a match-high 24 assists and a team-high 12 digs
- Britley Grulke (Hustisford, Wis./Hustisford) led the Warriors with a match-high nine kills while also recording 11 digs.
- The Warriors posted an attack percentage of .255 while holding the Regents to just a .062 attack percentage.
- For the Regents, Liberty Hartman led the way with seven kills, while Taylor Rossi and Alex Storey each had 12 digs.
- The Warriors will be back in action Friday night when they host Concordia Chicago (4-20, 3-6 NACC) on Senior Night at 7:00 p.m. The Cougars fell 3-1 on Tuesday to Benedictine. Live stats and video will be available for Friday's match at WLCSports.com.