MILWAUKEE (WLCSports.com) – The Wisconsin Lutheran College women's volleyball team snapped its four-match losing streak on Saturday afternoon with a sweep of Alverno by scores of 25-14, 25-16, and 25-10 in quick fashion at the Recreation Complex.
- Final Score: Wisconsin Lutheran 3, Alverno 0
- Records: Wisconsin Lutheran (10-14, 2-6 NACC), Alverno (3-22, 1-7 NACC))
- Location: Recreation Complex, Milwaukee, Wis. | Attendance: 74
HOW IT HAPPENED
- The Warriors took control of the opening set due in large part to a 7-0 run at the start for an 8-2 lead early on. That lead grew to as large as 14 at 21-7 as WLC took the first set.
- A quick 10-3 run gave WLC a strong 19-9 lead in the second set. The Warriors recorded a match-high 12 kills in the set to take a commanding 2-0 lead over the Inferno.
- Benefited by 12 hitting errors from Alverno, WLC ran away with the final set 25-10, completing the sweep for the Warriors. The Inferno cut the lead to 19-10, but a 6-0 spurt in the final stretch guided the hosts.
INSIDE THE BOX SCORE
- Carly Warner (Clear Lake, Wis./Clear Lake) led WLC with eight kills and five block assists in the match.
- Courtney Pattison (Prairie du Chien, Wis./Prairie du Chien) dished out 13 assists and collected eight digs.
- Britley Grulke (Hustisford, Wis./Hustisford) posted a team-high 12 digs against Alverno and contributed seven kills to the Warriors' offensive attack.
- WLC's front line played strong on defense, out-blocking the Inferno 17-2 during the match.
- Alverno was led by six kills from Jessica Wewers, Sam Korn's 12 assists, and a match-high 18 digs from Melissa Weyand.
- The Warriors improve their all-time record vs. Alverno to a perfect 22-0.
- The Warriors begin their final week of conference play with the first of three matches at Rockford (1-18, 0-8 NACC) on Tuesday night with first serve scheduled for 7:00 p.m. The Regents have lost seven straight coming into the match. A link to live video will be available for the match at WLCSports.com.