MILWAUKEE (WLCSports.com) – The Wisconsin Lutheran College women's volleyball team dropped its fourth straight match as it fell to a Dominican team which has just one conference loss. The Stars defeated the Warriors in three sets by scores of 25-19, 25-20, and 25-21 on Friday night in NACC action at the Recreation Complex.
- Final Score: Dominican 3, Wisconsin Lutheran 0
- Records: Wisconsin Lutheran (9-14, 1-6 NACC), Dominican (8-15, 6-1 NACC)
- Location: Recreation Complex, Milwaukee, Wis. | Attendance: 121
HOW IT HAPPENED
- The Stars scored five straight points to take a 20-13 advantage late in the first set. Dominican would go on to take the opening set 25-19 despite a match-high nine errors in set one.
- Dominican came out on fire taking an early 7-2 advantage and never let the Warriors get closer than three points, taking the second set 25-20 while hitting a match-high .440 by only committing two errors.
- In the third set, the Warriors took an early 2-1 advantage before the Stars rattled off six straight points to take an 11-3 lead. Dominican stretched that lead to 20-9 before the Warriors put together a 12-5 run later coming up just short on the comeback 25-21 in the third set.
INSIDE THE BOX SCORE
- Courtney Pattison (Prairie du Chien, Wis./Prairie du Chien) led the way for the Warriors with a team-high seven kills and dished out 19 assists in the match.
- Britley Grulke (Hustisford, Wis./Hustisford) and Pattison each recorded a team-high eight digs.
- The Warriors struggled on the attack in the match, posting just a .127 hitting percentage, opposed to Dominican's .242 percentage.
- WLC played some solid defense, out-blocking the Stars 14-4 during the match.
- For the Stars, Stephanie Cole led the way with nine kills and a .500 attack percentage, Jackie Mursuli had 32 of Dominican's 35 assists, and Lauren LaVigne had 12 digs coming off the bench.
- The Warriors have a quick turnaround when they host Alverno (3-21, 1-6 NACC) tomorrow at 12:00 p.m. looking to bounce back from their recent slump. The Inferno have lost seven straight including a 3-0 loss to MSOE tonight. Live stats will be available for the match at WLCSports.com.