MADISON, Wis. (WLCSports.com) – The Wisconsin Lutheran College women's volleyball team dropped its third straight match as it fell to Edgewood in three sets by scores of 25-14, 25-23, and 25-18 on Saturday afternoon in NACC action at the Todd Wehr Edgedome.
- Final Score: Edgewood 3, Wisconsin Lutheran 0
- Records: Wisconsin Lutheran (9-13, 1-5 NACC), Edgewood (12-10, 4-1 NACC)
- Location: Todd Wehr Edgedome, Madison, Wis. | Attendance: 143
HOW IT HAPPENED
- The Eagles, the NACC preseason favorites to repeat as conference champions, broke out with an 11-3 run to take a 14-6 lead early in the opening set. WLC never got within eight points down the stretch and Edgewood took the opener 25-14.
- In the most competitive set of the afternoon, WLC used a late 5-2 spurt to bring the score to 22-20, but the hosts closed the match out to take a controlling 2-0 lead.
- In the third set, the Eagles hit a match-high .400. The start of the set went back-and-forth as the Eagles held a slim 14-13 lead at one point.
INSIDE THE BOX SCORE
- Britley Grulke (Hustisford, Wis./Hustisford) recorded a team-high nine kills and Andrea Hafemeister (Milwaukee, Wis./Wauwatosa West) added six of her own.
- Courtney Pattison (Prairie du Chien, Wis./Prairie du Chien) dished out 16 of the Warriors' 23 assists in the match.
- Grulke also led the team with 10 digs, while Morgan Scanlon (Racine, Wis./Lutheran) added nine.
- WLC struggled on the attack in the match, posting just a -.021 attack percentage, opposed to Edgewood's .272 percentage.
- For the Eagles, Emily Chaussee led the way with 13 kills, Haley Schwenn had 21 assists off the bench, and Grace Zimmer had nine digs.
- The Eagles have won eight of their last 10 vs. the Warriors and lead the all-time series 27-19.
- The Warriors return to NACC play on Friday night against Dominican (6-15, 4-1 NACC) for a 7:00 p.m. matchup with the Stars inside the Recreation Complex. Links to live stats and video will be available at WLCSports.com. DU swept Marian 3-0 on Saturday afternoon.