WATERTOWN, Wis. (WLCSports.com) – The Wisconsin Lutheran College women's volleyball team fell to the Maranatha Baptist Sabercats in three sets by scores of 25-22, 25-19, and 25-20 on Friday night in non-conference action at Maranatha Gymnasium.
- Final Score: Maranatha Baptist 3, Wisconsin Lutheran 0
- Records: Wisconsin Lutheran (9-12), Maranatha Baptist (14-4)
- Location: Maranatha Gymnasium, Watertown, Wis. | Attendance: 502
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Maranatha jumped out to a 4-0 lead in the opening set before the Warriors came back to take an 8-5 lead. MBU took the lead shortly after and went on to win the opening set.
- WLC took an early 2-0 lead in the second set and held a lead of 9-6 before Maranatha scored eight straight points to pull away. The Sabercats hit a match-best .237 in the set.
- The Sabercats pulled out a win in a back-and-forth third set. Neither team held more than a two-point lead until MBU led 20-17.
INSIDE THE BOX SCORE
- Courtney Pattison (Prairie du Chien, Wis./Prairie du Chien), Nicole Klipstein (Hartford, Wis./Hartoford), and Britley Grulke (Hustisford, Wis./Hustisford) recorded nine, eight, and seven kills, respectively, for WLC.
- Megan Wierzbicki (Hartford, Wis./Kettle Moraine Lutheran) led the Warriors with 14 digs. Pattison also posted eight assists and seven digs.
- WLC was plagued by 29 hitting errors for a .016 hitting percentage, while MBU hit .135 for the match.
- For the Sabercats, Alison Renz paved the way with 17 kills, Katie Bender had 16 digs, and Julia Gunst tallied 16 assists.
- The Warriors return to NACC play tomorrow at Edgewood (11-10, 3-1 NACC) for a 12:00 p.m. matchup with the Eagles in Madison. Links to live stats and video will be available at WLCSports.com. Edgewood defeated Carroll, 3-1, on Friday night