FOND DU LAC, Wis. (WLCSports.com) – Courtney Pattison (Prairie du Chien, Wis./Prairie du Chein) posted a triple-double and Britley Grulke (Hustisford, Wis./Hustisford) recorded 21 kills and 18 digs to lead the Wisconsin Lutheran College women's volleyball team to a 3-2 comeback win over Marian on Friday night at Sadoff Gymnasium.
- Final Score: Wisconsin Lutheran 3, Marian 2 (21-25, 19-25, 25-18, 25-22, 15-10)
- Records: Wisconsin Lutheran (9-10, 1-3 NACC), Marian (4-13, 2-2 NACC)
- Location: Sadoff Gymnasium, Fond du Lac, Wis. | Attendance: 103
HOW IT HAPPENED
- The Warriors jumped out to an 8-2 lead and seemed to have control over the Sabres in the opening set, but host MU came back and pulled ahead to win the first set.
- Wisconsin Lutheran held a brief 4-3 lead in the second set, only to see Marian take control again for a 2-0 match lead.
- Neither team gained much separation in the third set, but WLC scored the final five points of the set for its first win. The Warriors hit an impressive .429 in the third set on 16 kills and just one attack error.
- WLC fell behind 6-1 in the fourth set, but didn't give up and used some late scoring runs to surge in front of MU and tie the match at two sets apiece.
- The Warriors jumped out to an early 4-1 lead in the decisive fifth set and never trailed on their way to a 15-10 win and thrilling five-set victory.
INSIDE THE BOX SCORE
- Wisconsin Lutheran collected a season-high 60 kills and hit .193 for the match, its third-best percentage of the year.
- Grulke posted a career-high 21 kills to lead three in double-figures for WLC. Pattison, who posted a triple-double, added 12, and Andrea Hafemeister (Milwaukee, Wis./Wauwatosa West) tallied 10.
- Pattison and Heather Warskow (Phoenix, Ariz./Arizona Lutheran) dished out 24 and 23 assits, respectively.
- Grulke led three with double-digit digs with 18.
- For the Sabres, Katy Funkhouser totaled 15 kills, Amber Baker recorded 27 assists, and Andrea Kubicek dug 15 balls.
- WLC improved to 2-0 in five-set matches this season and 8-4 against the Sabres since 2006.
- The Warriors host Benedictine (7-11, 2-1 NACC) tomorrow night at 7:00 p.m. for Homecoming. The Eagles swept Rockford on Friday, 3-0. Live stats and video will be available for the match at WLCSports.com.