PLYMOUTH, Wis. (WLCSports.com) - The Wisconsin Lutheran College women's volleyball team dropped its third straight conference match after losing 3-1 to Lakeland on Wednesday night at Woltzen Gymnasium.
- Final Score: Lakeland 3, Wisconsin Lutheran 1 (25-19, 24-26, 25-17, 27-25)
- Records: Wisconsin Lutheran (7-6, 0-3 NACC), Lakeland (7-5, 1-0 NACC)
- Location: Woltzen Gymnasium, Plymouth, Wis. | Attendance: 271
HOW IT HAPPENED
- The opening set of the night featured the Muskies collecting 13 kills on a hitting percentage of .200 to close out a 25-19 victory.
- In a very competitive second set that saw the Warriors take a commanding 16-9 lead, LU stormed back to tie it at 22-22 with a 7-1 run. After Lakeland stopped WLC's first set point to pull the score even at 24-24, the Warriors collected the next two points to tie the match at one set apiece.
- A 10-2 run by the Muskies broke the score open at 15-5 early in the third set. The Warriors never got within five points towards the end of the set and Lakeland took the 2-1 lead in the match.
- In the fourth and final set, WLC went on a 7-1 run to tie the match 21-21. After siding out on the first match point, the Warriors dropped the final points to close out the match.
INSIDE THE BOX SCORE
- Wisconsin Lutheran collected 29 kills along with 29 errors for a .000 hitting percentage.
- Britley Grulke (Hustisford, Wis./Hustisford) led the Warriors with a nine kills, while Andrea Hafemeister (Milwaukee, Wis./Wauwatosa West) added six. Grulke also dug out 16 attacks.
- Courtney Pattison (Prairie du Chien, Wis./Prairie du Chien) distributed 11 of WLC's 27 assists and recorded 14 digs for a double-double.
- Defensively, Megan Wierzbicki (Hartford, Wis./Kettle Moraine Lutheran) collected a match-high 20 digs and dished out seven assists.
- The Muskies had a .060 hitting percentage due to 44 kills and 34 errors.
- Brittini Scoles recorded a match-high 12 kills. Madison Schweitzer passed out 37 assists. Allison Errthum led four Muskies in double-figure digs with 17.
- LU registered 15 service aces and 14 block assists.
- The Warriors will compete this weekend in the IIAC-NACC Challenge with four matches in two days in Lisle, Ill. WLC opens up against Simpson (5-6) at 3:00 p.m. and Luther (9-4) at 7:00 p.m. on Friday night.