MEQUON, Wis. (WLCSports.com) - The Wisconsin Lutheran College women's volleyball team dropped its third straight match and fell to 0-2 in Northern Athletics Collegiate Conference play after being swept by Concordia Wisconsin on Thursday night at the R. John Buuck Field House.
- Final Score: Concordia Wisconsin 3, Wisconsin Lutheran 0 (25-23, 25-17, 25-20)
- Records: Wisconsin Lutheran (4-4, 0-2 NACC), Concordia Wisconsin (7-2, 2-0 NACC)
- Location: R. John Buuck Field House, Mequon, Wis. | Attendance: 149
HOW IT HAPPENED
- The opening set of the night was the most contested of the match, as it featured 15 ties and five lead changes. The Warriors trailed 14-10 but came back to take a 20-17 lead. Unfortunately, the Falcons scored eight of the final 11 points to come away with a 25-23 set one win.
- CUW broke a 5-5 tie in the second set by scoring six straight points and later led by a set-best 10 points at 24-14 before closing out a 25-17 win. The Warriors struggled offensively, hitting just -.026 in the set.
- The lead changed hands another five times in the third set and the score was deadlocked another 11 times. WLC clung to a 20-19 lead, but CUW scored six straight to close out the match with a 25-20 third set win.
INSIDE THE BOX SCORE
- Wisconsin Lutheran hit .076 for the match, with 29 kills and 20 attack errors. Britley Grulke (Hustisford, Wis./Hustisford) led the Warriors with a match-best 12 kills, the only player to reach double digits in that category for WLC.
- Courtney Pattison (Prairie du Chien, Wis./Prairie du Chien) distributed 12 of WLC's 28 assists. Heather Warskow (Phoenix, Ariz./Arizona Lutheran) added nine.
- Defensively, Megan Wierzbicki (Hartford, Wis./Kettle Moraine Lutheran) collected a match-high 20 digs.
- For the Falcons, who hit .193 for the match, Megan Mayer had 11 kills, Ashley Jehlicka recorded 18 assists, and Lindsey Casper dug up 18 attacks.
- The win was the Falcons' fourth straight over the Warriors.
- The Warriors will compete this weekend in the Viking Classic hosted by Augustana in Rock Island, Ill. WLC will face Grinnell (4-3) and the host Vikings (5-3) tomorrow night at 5:30 and 7:30 p.m., respectively.