RIVER FOREST, Ill. - Courtney Pattison (Prairie du Chien, Wis./Prairie du Chien) posted her fourth triple-double of the season and Alexis Hafemeister (Milwaukee, Wis./Wauwatosa West) became the program's all-time assist leader as the Wisconsin Lutheran College women's volleyball team held off host Concordia Chicago in five sets 3-2 on Friday night inside Geiseman Gymnasium.
- Final Score: Wisconsin Lutheran 3, Concordia-Chicago 2 (20-25, 25-20, 25-15, 20-25, 15-11)
- Records: Wisconsin Lutheran (10-15, 4-6 NACC), Concordia Chicago (9-15, 4-6 NACC)
- Location: Geiseman Gymnasium, River Forest, Ill. | Attendance: 80
HOW IT HAPPENED
- The Warriors never held the lead in the opening set, staying within just a couple points before the Cougars pulled out a 25-20 win.
- WLC responded with a 25-20 win of its own in the second set. The Warriors scored four straight to turn a one-point lead into five at 21-16 and took the second set.
- Wisconsin Lutheran never trailed in the third set and scored the final eight points of the set for a 25-15 win.
- The Warriors appeared to dominiate the fourth set, leading 16-6 before the Cougars stormed back to win the set's final nine points and come away with a 25-20 win.
- WLC jumped out to a commanding 9-2 lead in the fifth set and went on for a 15-11 win to seal the match.
INSIDE THE BOX SCORE
- Pattison posted her fourth triple-double of the season with 14 kills, 20 assists, and 19 digs to lead the Warriors.
- Britley Grulke (Hustisford, Wis./Hustisford) added 12 kills to aid WLC offensively.
- Alexis Hafemeister dished out a team-high 23 assists and became the program's all-time career leader with 2,035 in just three seasons.
- Megan Wierzbicki (Hartford, Wis./Kettle Moraine Lutheran) and Morgan Scanlon (Racine, Wis./Lutheran) added 13 digs each.
- Austin Thompson led the Cougars with 14 kills and 12 digs.
- The Warriors' only two 3-2 wins this season have come against the Cougars, once earlier in non-conference action.
- The Warriors look to keep their NACC Tournament hopes alive when they host MSOE (11-14, 2-8 NACC) tomorrow for Senior Day at Noon at the Recreation Complex. The Raiders fell in five sets at home to Dominican on Friday night. Live stats will be available for the match at wlcsports.com.