Oct 20, 2015
MILWAUKEE - The Wisconsin Lutheran College women's volleyball team collected its second straight sweep over a NACC opponent on Tuesday night by sweeping Rockford 3-0 at the Recreation Complex.
- Final Score: Wisconsin Lutheran 3, Rockford 0 (25-11, 25-14, 25-17)
- Records: Wisconsin Lutheran (9-15, 3-6 NACC), Rockford (7-17, 1-8 NACC)
- Location: Recreation Complex, Milwaukee, Wis. | Attendance: 69
HOW IT HAPPENED
- The Warriors never trailed in the opening set as they used separate spurts of 4-0 and 5-0 to take the set 25-11.
- WLC broke open a tight second set by scoring five straight points after leading 11-9 en route to the 25-14 win.
- Wisconsin Lutheran bolted out to a 7-0 lead in the third set and led 13-3 before the Regnts came back within 20-14, but WLC held on for the 25-17 win.
INSIDE THE BOX SCORE
- Britley Grulke (Hustisford, Wis./Hustisford) recorded her sixth double-double of the season with 13 kills and 19 digs, both match highs.
- Courtney Pattison (Prairie du Chien, Wis./Prairie du Chien) contributed 12 assists and 10 digs to the Warriors' attack for her 10th double-double of the season.
- Alexis Hafemeister (Milwaukee, Wis./Wauwatosa West) led the team with 13 assists.
- Megan Wierzbicki (Hartford, Wis./Kettle Moraine Lutheran) and Morgan Scanlon (Racine, Wis./Lutheran) added 17 and 12 digs, respectively.
- The Warriors improved to 8-2 against the Regents since the two teams began competing as conference opponents in 2006.
- The Warriors continue NACC action on Friday when they travel to Concordia Chicago (9-14, 4-5 NACC) to take on the Cougars at 7 p.m. CUC suffered a 3-0 road sweep to Benedictine on Tuesday. Live stats and video will be available for the match at wlcsports.com.