Oct 17, 2015
MILWAUKEE - The Wisconsin Lutheran College women's volleyball team collected its third 3-0 sweep of the season Saturday evening against Alverno at Reiman Gymnasium.
- Final Score: Wisconsin Lutheran 3, Alverno 0 (25-15, 25-14, 25-18)
- Records: Wisconsin Lutheran (8-15, 2-6 NACC), Alverno (7-18, 0-8 NACC)
- Location: Reiman Gymnasium, Milwaukee, Wis. | Attendance: 88
HOW IT HAPPENED
- The Warriors got off to a solid start by winning the opening set 25-15. Alverno scored the first point of the match, but the Warriors answered with four straight and led by their largest margin when the set ended.
- Wisconsin Lutheran opened the second set with seven straight points and led 11-2 before the Inferno closed within two points at 17-15. The Warriors then scored the final eight points of the set.
- WLC trailed very early in the third set but came back with six straight points to control the match and win 25-18.
INSIDE THE BOX SCORE
- Nicole Klipstein (Hartford, Wis./Hartford) led the Warriors in kills for the second straight match with eight. She also tallied five block assists.
- Courtney Pattison (Prairie du Chien, Wis./Prairie du Chien) tallied a team-high 18 assists, while Alexis Hafemeister (Milwaukee, Wis./Wauwatosa West) added 13 assists of her own for WLC.
- Carly Warner (Clear Lake, Wis./Clear Lake) and Britley Grulke (Hustisford, Wis./Hustisford) each posted seven kills, while Warner hit an impressive .875. Grulke added a team-high 13 digs.
- The Warriors hit .184 (35 K, 19 E, 87 TA) for the match, while the Inferno hit .000 (21 K, 21 E, 85 TA).
- Jessica Wewers led the Inferno with six kills and Meranda Masse had 17 assists. Alverno had just as many kills (21) as errors in the match.
- The Warriors host Rockford (7-16, 1-7 NACC) on Tuesday at 7 p.m. at the Recreation Complex. The Regents suffered their seventh straight 3-0 sweep against Lakeland on Saturday.