RIVER FOREST, Ill. - The Wisconsin Lutheran College women's volleyball team battled with defending NACC champion Dominican on the road Friday night, but fell in four sets 3-1 to the Stars at the Igini Sports Forum.
- Final Score: Dominican 3, Wisconsin Lutheran 1 (25-14, 20-25, 25-18, 25-18)
- Records: Wisconsin Lutheran (7-15, 1-6 NACC), Dominican (18-7, 6-1 NACC)
- Location: Igini Sports Forum, River Forest, Ill. | Attendance: 90
HOW IT HAPPENED
- The Warriors held a slim 4-3 lead before the Stars rattled off six straight points and emerged with the opening-set win, 25-14. DU hit .389 in the first set, while holding the Warriors to .038, their lowest of the match.
- WLC trailed 4-1 early on in the second set, but bounced back and held off the Stars for a 25-20 win to even the match. Wisconsin Lutheran hit a match-high .296 in the set, and limited the Stars to hitting just .077.
- DU jumped out to an 11-3 lead in the third set and WLC could get no closer than four points the rest of the way as Dominican won 25-18.
- In the fourth set, Wisconsin Lutheran jumped out to a 9-6 lead before Dominican answered with four straight points and never relinquished the lead en route to another 25-18 win. DU closed the set by hitting an impressive .464 with 14 kills and just one error on 28 attempts.
INSIDE THE BOX SCORE
- Nicole Klipstein (Hartford, Wis./Hartford) led the Warriors with 10 kills with Britley Grulke (Hustisford, Wis./Hustisford) and Courtney Pattison (Prairie du Chien, Wis./Prairie du Chien) were right behind with nine.
- Alexis Hafemeister (Milwaukee, Wis./Wauwatosa West) tallied 19 assists, while Pattison added 16 and 11 digs, finishing just one kill shy of her fourth triple-double of the season.
- Grulke paced the Warriors defensively with 13 digs.
- Dominican's Kendyl Todd led three players in double-digit kills with 15 as she hit .609 for the match. The Stars were aided by 15 service aces.
- The Warriors are right back at it tomorrow when they face Alverno (7-17, 0-7 NACC) in a 7 p.m. conference road match. Live stats and video will be available at wlcsports.com. The Inferno dropped their third-straight match Friday at MSOE, 3-0.