Posted: Oct 10, 2015
MILWAUKEE - The Wisconsin Lutheran College women's volleyball team dropped a NACC matchup against NACC unbeaten Edgewood on Saturday afternoon 3-1 at the Recreation Complex.
- Final Score: Edgewood 3, Wisconsin Lutheran 1 (25-15, 25-16, 25-21, 25-18)
- Records: Wisconsin Lutheran (7-14, 1-5 NACC), Edgewood (14-8, 5-0 NACC)
- Location: Recreation Complex, Milwaukee, Wis. | Attendance: 102
HOW IT HAPPENED
- The Eagles broke an 11-11 tie in the opening set with a 7-0 run and led by 10 points to close the set.
- Edgewood began the second set with a 5-1 lead and never trailed the rest of the way en route to the 25-16 win.
- The Warriors fought back in the third set by scoring five straight points with the score knotted at 15-15 and held off the Eagles for a 25-21 win.
- WLC held an early 4-2 lead in the fourth set but the Eagles came back for an 8-4 lead and scored the final seven points of the match for the 25-18 set and match win.
INSIDE THE BOX SCORE
- Courtney Pattison (Prairie du Chien, Wis./Prairie du Chien) recorded her third triple-double of the season for the Warriors as she accumulated 11 kills, 11 assists, and 22 digs.
- Morgan Scanlon (Racine, Wis./Lutheran) also added 11 digs.
- Alexis Hafemeister (Wauwatosa, Wis./ Wauwautosa West) led the team with 14 assists.
- The Warriors were plagued by 30 attacking errors and hit .007 for the match.
- Alex Zapuchlak and Jordan Winkler each posted double-doubles for the Eagles, who hit .178 for the match and totaled 29 block assists.
- The Warriors will have six days off before returning to conference play on the road next Friday at Dominican (16-7, 4-1 NACC). The Stars swept Marian 3-0 on Saturday in Fond du Lac. Live stats and video will be available for the 7 p.m. match at wlcsports.com.