LISLE, Ill. - The Wisconsin Lutheran College women's volleyball team was defeated 3-0 by Benedictine on Saturday afternoon in a Northern Athletics Collegiate Conference match at the Dan and Ada Rice Center.
- Final Score: Benedictine 3, Wisconsin Lutheran 0 (25-17, 25-22, 27-25)
- Records: Wisconsin Lutheran (7-13, 1-4 NACC), Benedictine (8-11, 3-1 NACC)
- Location: Dan and Ada Rice Center, Lisle, Ill. | Attendance: 143
HOW IT HAPPENED
- The Warriors held an early 7-5 lead in the opening set, but six straight Eagles points gave the hosts a lead they would never relinquish. BenU led 17-9 before taking the first set 25-17.
- WLC again held an early lead in set two, but the Eagles came back for a 12-11 lead and later led 20-13 before a 25-22 set two win.
- Wisconsin Lutheran held the lead for most of the fourth set, including a lead of 24-18 before Benedictine came back to even the match and eventually win in three, 27-25.
INSIDE THE BOX SCORE
- Britley Grulke (Hustisford, Wis./Hustisford) recorded her third straight double-double and fifth of the season with 10 kills and 22 digs. Nicole Klipstein (Hartford, Wis./Hartford) added a season-high 12 kills.
- Alexis Hafemeister (Milwaukee, Wis./Wauwatosa West) distributed a team-high 25 assists.
- Megan Wierzbicki (Hartford, Wis./Kettle Moraine Lutheran) and Courtney Pattison (Prairie du Chien, Wis./Prairie du Chien) collected 16 and 10 digs, respectively.
- The Warriors were plagued with 32 hitting errors on 40 kills for a .048 attack percentage.
- Kelcey Adams recorded 27 assists and 18 digs for a double-double for the Eagles.
- Benedictine has won all 13 meetings against the Warriors since the two teams began NACC play in 2006.
- The Warriors have a week off before they host Edgewood (12-8, 4-0 NACC) next Saturday at 12 p.m. at the Recreation Complex. The Eagles defeated Dominican and UW-La Crosse on Saturday in Madison.