MILWAUKEE - The Wisconsin Lutheran College women's volleyball team notched its first Northern Athletics Collegiate Conference victory of the season Thursday night, defeating Marian 3-1 at the Recreation Complex.
- Final Score: Wisconsin Lutheran 3, Marian 1 (25-21, 16-25, 25-19, 25-22)
- Records: Wisconsin Lutheran (7-12, 1-3 NACC), Marian (3-16, 1-3 NACC)
- Location: Recreation Complex, Milwaukee, Wis. | Attendance: 385
HOW IT HAPPENED
- The Warriors got off to a solid start by winning the opening set 25-21. WLC led 12-5 before the Sabres stormed back for a brief 14-13 lead, but the Warriors regained the lead and never trailed.
- Marian got back to even in the second set, taking it 25-16 to even the match at one set apiece. The Warriors trailed just 14-13 before Marian rattled off six straight points and took the set.
- Wisconsin Lutheran won the third set 25-19, jumping out to an early 7-2 lead before MU came back to tie the score at 13-13 before seven straight Warriors points gave them a 21-14 lead.
- WLC controlled most of the fourth set and held a comfortable 22-14 lead before holding on for the 25-22 win and match victory.
INSIDE THE BOX SCORE
- Courtney Pattison (Prairie du Chien, Wis./Prairie du Chien) tallied 21 assists, 23 digs, and added 13 kills for an impressive triple-double, her second of the season.
- Britley Grulke (Hustisford, Wis./Hustisford) posted a team high 15 kills and 10 digs for a double-double.
- Megan Wierzbicki (Hartford, Wis./Kettle Moraine Lutheran) added 19 digs for the Warriors.
- Alexis Hafemeister (Milwaukee, Wis./Wauwatosa West) led the team with 23 assists.
- The Warriors hit .177 (50 K, 19 E, 175 TA) for the match, while the Sabres hit .147 (41 K, 17 E, 163 TA).
- Jessica Roberts led the Sabres with 18 kills and Amber Baker had 34 assists and 14 digs for a double-double on the night.
- WLC is now 7-4 against the Sabres since the two teams began NACC play in 2006.
- The Warriors will take to the road Saturday for a 12 p.m. NACC match at Benedictine (6-11, 1-1 NACC). The Eagles last dropped a 3-2 match at Dominican on Wednesday. Live stats and video will be available for the contest at wlcsports.com.