Posted: Sep 23, 2015
MILWAUKEE - The Wisconsin Lutheran College women's volleyball team dropped a NACC match against Lakeland on Wednesday night 3-1 at the Recreation Complex.
- Final Score: Lakeland 3, Wisconsin Lutheran 1 (22-25, 25-20, 25-15, 25-17)
- Records: Wisconsin Lutheran (6-12, 0-3 NACC), Lakeland (7-8, 2-0 NACC)
- Location: Recreation Complex, Milwaukee, Wis. | Attendance: 123
HOW IT HAPPENED
- The Warriors got off to a solid start by winning the opening set 25-22. WLC led for most of the first set before trailing briefly 20-19 but scored six of the final eight points of the match.
- Lakeland got back to even in the second set, taking it 25-20 to even the match at one set apiece. WLC led 6-2 early on, but the Muskies bounced back to take a 15-10 lead and the set.
- Wisconsin Lutheran once again held an early 6-2 lead in the third set, but Lakeland wouldn't go away as it hung around and scored six of the final seven points of the match for the 25-15 win.
- The Warriors held an early lead again in the fourth set, but visiting Lakeland proved too much for the Warriors en route to the 3-1 victory with a 25-17 set victory.
INSIDE THE BOX SCORE
- Britley Grulke (Hustisford, Wis./Hustisford) posted 18 kills and 11 digs for a double-double. She was the only Warrior to reach double-digit kill totals on the night.
- Courtney Pattison (Prairie du Chien, Wis./Prairie du Chien) tallied 20 assists and 16 digs also for another double-double.
- Andrea Hafemeister (Milwaukee, Wis./Wauwatosa West) contributed 16 digs of her own and Megan Wierzbicki (Hartford, Wis./Kettle Moraine Lutheran) added 14.
- Alexis Hafemeister (Milwaukee, Wis./Wauwatosa West) led the team with 21 assists.
- Allison Errthum had 13 kills and 21 assists for Lakeland. Caleigh Galvan collected 31 digs.
- The Warriors return to the Recreation Complex next Thursday, October 1 when they host Marian (2-11, 1-2 NACC) in a NACC contest. Match time is scheduled for 7 p.m. The Sabres defeated MSOE tonight 3-2 on the road.