MILWAUKEE - After falling behind 2-0, the Wisconsin Lutheran College women's volleyball team rallied to even the match at 2-2, but visiting North Central (Ill.) held off the Warriors in the fifth decisive set to come away with a 3-2 win on Monday night in non-conference action at the Recreation Complex.
- Final Score: North Central (Ill.) 3, Wisconsin Lutheran 2 (25-21, 25-18, 22-25, 20-25, 15-12)
- Records: Wisconsin Lutheran (6-11), North Central (12-2)
- Location: Recreation Complex, Milwaukee, Wis. | Attendance: 78
HOW IT HAPPENED
- The Cardinals took the opening set 25-21 despite the Warriors using an 8-1 run to get within 23-21.
- NCC took a 2-0 lead in the match with a 25-18 win in set two. Leading 12-10, the Cardinals went on an 11-3 run to take a 23-13 lead and the set.
- The Warriors bounced back in the third set and never trailed on their way to a 25-22 win. WLC held its largest lead of 15-6 before the Cardinals came within 21-18.
- WLC never trailed again in set four en route to a 25-20 win. The Warriors led 6-1 and then just 19-18 before scoring four straight points.
- In the fifth and final set, WLC held an early 3-2 lead but couldn't regain it after the score was tied at 5-5. North Central prevailed for the 15-12 win.
INSIDE THE BOX SCORE
- Andrea Hafemeister (Milwaukee, Wis./Wauwatosa West) led the Warriors in kills with 13 in the contest. Britley Grulke (Hustisford, Wis./Hustisford) added 12.
- Courtney Pattison (Prairie du Chien, Wis./Prairie du Chien) and Alexis Hafemesiter (Milwaukee, Wis./Wauwatosa West) led the team in assists with 21 and 20, respectively. The duo accounted for 41 of the team's 45 assists in the match.
- Andrea Hafemeister also led WLC in digs with 14 for her fifth double-double in her last six matches.
- Megan Wierzbicki (Hartford, Wis./Kettle Moraine Lutheran) contributed 11 digs to the back line.
- Julie Laugel and Laura Kluk each recorded double-doubles for the Cardinals, who won their fifth straight match.
- After not playing a five-set match in any of its first 11 matches, WLC has gone to a fifth decisive set in three of its last six matches.
- The Warriors return to action on Wednesday night as they host Lakeland (6-8, 1-0 NACC) in a conference matchup at the Recreation Complex starting at 7 p.m. The Muskies, who have won three straight, last defeated Illinois Tech twice on Saturday by 3-0 sweeps.