JACKSONVILLE, Ill. - The Wisconsin Lutheran College women's volleyball team finished the Illinois College Tournament on a high note by sweeping on its final day of competition. WLC dominated Robert-Morris Springfield for a 3-0 sweep and then collected a come-from-behind 3-2 victory over Concordia Chicago.
- Final Scores: Wisconsin Lutheran 3, Robert Morris-Springfield 0 (25-19, 25-15, 25-9); Wisconsin Lutheran 3, Concordia Chicago 2 (23-25, 18-25, 25-17, 28-26, 15-5)
- Records: Wisconsin Lutheran (6-10), Robert Morris-Springfield (2-13-1), Concordia Chicago (5-7)
- Location: Sherman Gymnasium, Jacksonville, Ill. Attendance: 80
HOW IT HAPPENED VS. ROBERT MORRIS-SPRINGFIELD
- The Warriors controlled throughout the match, sweeping in three sets.
- WLC won the opening set 25-19, which ultimately was the closest set of the match.
- WLC took a 2-0 lead behind a 25-15 second set victory.
- With a 25-9 route in the final set, the Warriors made quick work in the opening match of the day.
- Wisconsin Lutheran dominated the attack, holding Robert Morris-Springfield to just 23 kills.
INSIDE THE BOX SCORE VS. ROBERT MORRIS-SPRINGFIELD
- Britley Grulke (Hustisford, Wis./Hustisford) posted the most kills in the match with 20.
- Alexis Hafemeister (Milwaukee, Wis./Wauwatosa West) tallied up a team high 40 assists for the Warriors.
- Megan Wierzbicki (Hartford, Wis./Kettle Moraine Lutheran) led the Warriors with 14 digs and Andrea Hafemeister (Milwaukee, Wis./Wauwautosa West) contributed 11 of her own.
HOW IT HAPPENED VS. CONCORDIA CHICAGO
- WLC, after dropping the first two sets 25-23 and 25-20, came back to win the final three to take the match.
- The Warriors fought off defeat with a third set victory, 25-17.
- Wisconsin Lutheran scraped out a thrilling 28-26 win in the fourth set to force a decisive fifth set.
- In the deciding final set, WLC dominated CUC 15-5 on its way to a sweep on the day.
INSIDE THE BOX SCORE VS. CONCORDIA CHICAGO
- In the second consecutive match, Grulke added another 20 kills. Andrea Hafemeister, who was named to the All-Tournament team, posted 16 to aid in the attack.
- With a total of six Warriors in double figures for digs, Wierzbicki led the team with 23.
- Alexis Hafemeister posted the most assists in the match with 51 and added 13 digs for a double-double.
- WLC hosts North Central (Ill.) (11-2) in its final non-conference match of the season on Monday night inside the Recreation Complex at 7 p.m. NCC swept the Benedictine Triangular on Saturday, defeating Benedictine 3-0 and Lake Forest 3-2.