JACKSONVILLE, Ill. - The Wisconsin Lutheran College women's volleyball team opened the weekend at the Illinois College Tournament by earning a split, falling to Olivet in the opener and defeating host Illinois College in the second match of the day.
- Final Scores: Olivet 3, Wisconsin Lutheran 0 (25-19, 25-16, 25-14); Wisconsin Lutheran 3, Illinois College 1 (25-21, 24-26, 25-22, 25-20)
- Records: Wisconsin Lutheran (4-10), Olivet (6-2), Illinois College (3-6)
- Location: Sherman Gymnasium, Jacksonville, Ill. | Attendance: 105
HOW IT HAPPENED VS. OLIVET
- The Warriors suffered a 25-19 loss in set one, as they hit .024 compared to the Comets' match-best .273.
- WLC also fell in sets two and three 25-16 and 25-14.
- Olivet posted a match-high 13 kills in set two and 12 in set three. The Warriors reached double-digit kills in the first set with 10.
INSIDE THE BOX SCORE VS. OLIVET
- Andrea Hafemeister (Milwaukee, Wis./Wauwatosa West) led WLC with 10 kills in the match.
- Alexis Hafemeister (Milwaukee, Wis./Wauwatosa West) tallied a team-high 25 assists for the Warriors.
- With a total of four players in double-figures for digs, Megan Wierzbicki (Hartford, Wis./Kettle Moraine Lutheran) led the Warriors with 18.
- Danielle Bearden led the Comets with 30 assists and 10 digs for a double-double.
HOW IT HAPPENED VS. ILLINOIS COLLEGE
- The Warriors bounced back with a four-set win over the Lady Blues in their second match of the day.
- Wisconsin Lutheran controlled the attack in the opening set, holding IC to a .000 hitting percentage for a 25-21 win.
- The Lady Blues pulled out a tough 26-24 victory to even the match at one set apiece.
- The Warriors took the remaining two sets behind 18 kills in each of the final two sets and a match-high .259 hitting percentage in set four.
INSIDE THE BOX SCORE VS. ILLINOIS COLLEGE
- Britley Grulke (Hustisford, Wis./Hustisford) led three players in double-digit kills with 19. Carly Warner (Clear Lake, Wis./Clear Lake) and Andrea Hafemeister added 15 each.
- Both Grulke and Andrea Hafemeister added double-doubles with 25 and 12 digs, respectively.
- Alexis Hafemeister dished out 53 assists and dug 20 attacks also for a double-double.
- Wierzbicki led five players in double-digit digs with a match-best 34.
- Lisa Lowry, Eve Bahler, and Courtney Louveau all posted double-doubles for Illinois College.
- The Warriors return to action again Saturday morning at 10 a.m. against Robert Morris-Springfield (2-10-1). Wisconsin Lutheran will conclude tournament play against fellow NACC member Concordia Chicago (5-5) with a Noon non-conference start time.