Posted: Sep 17, 2015
MILWAUKEE - The Wisconsin Lutheran College women's volleyball team dropped a tough five-set conference matchup 3-2 against rival Concordia Wisconsin on Thursday night inside the Recreation Complex.
- Final Score: Concordia Wisconsin 3, Wisconsin Lutheran 2 (15-25, 25-21, 25-17, 19-25, 15-5)
- Records: Wisconsin Lutheran (3-9, 0-2 NACC), Concordia Wisconsin (6-3, 2-0 NACC)
- Location: Recreation Complex, Milwaukee, Wis. | Attendance: 145
HOW IT HAPPENED
- WLC jumped out to a 10-3 lead in the opening set and later led 20-10 before coming away with a 25-15 set one victory. The Warriors were aided by a .367 hitting percentage.
- The Falcons came back by taking the next two sets, led by 17 kills and a .310 kill percentage in the third set. CUW led 10-2 in set two before the Warriors stormed back to close within 24-21. The Falcons led the majority of set three.
- Wisconsin Lutheran forced a decisive fifth set by taking set four, 25-19, in which it held Concordia Wisconsin to a .081 kill percentage. The Warriors held a commanding 12-3 lead and held on for the 25-19 victory.
- CUW controlled the fifth decisive set and scored the final eight points for the 15-5 set and match victory.
INSIDE THE BOX SCORE
- Andrea Hafemeister (Milwaukee, Wis./Wauwatosa West) led the Warriors in kills with 18 and collected 12 digs for a double-double in the contest.
- Courtney Pattison (Prairie du Chien, Wis./Prairie du Chien) filled up the box score collecting six kills, 27 assists, and 13 digs also for a double-double.
- Megan Wierzbicki (Hartford, Wis./Kettle Moraine Lutheran) led the Warriors with 17 digs.
- Nicole Klipstein (Hartford, Wis./Hartford) helped the front line with five block assists in the match.
- Haley Sedo paced the Falcons with 22 digs and 21 assists.
- The Warriors will compete in the Illinois College Tournament this weekend in Jacksonville, Ill. On Friday, WLC plays Olivet (5-2) at 3:30 p.m. and the host school, Illinois College (3-4) at 7:30 p.m.. The tournament continues Saturday morning with two more matches.