AURORA, Ill. - The Wisconsin Lutheran College women's volleyball team opened its Northern Athletics Collegiate Conference schedule Tuesday night with a 3-0 setback against Aurora inside Thornton Gymnasium.
- Final Score: Aurora 3, Wisconsin Lutheran 0 (25-23, 25-17, 25-21)
- Records: Wisconsin Lutheran (3-8, 0-1 NACC), Aurora (5-4, 1-0 NACC)
- Location: Thornton Gymnasium, Aurora, Ill. | Attendance: 127
HOW IT HAPPENED
- The opening set was a tight battle that the Spartans narrowly won 25-23 to take a 1-0 lead.
- Aurora defeated WLC in the second set 25-17 to take a 2-0 lead heading into the third.
- The Spartans closed out the match in the third set when they downed the Warriors 25-21.
INSIDE THE BOX SCORE
- Andrea Hafemeister (Milwaukee, Wis./Wauwatosa, West) tallied a team-high nine kills and hit a team-best .261 for the match. She also led the Warriors with 10 digs.
- Courtney Pattison (Prairie du Chien, Wis./Prairie du Chien) and Alexis Hafemeister (Milwaukee, Wis./Wauwatosa West) contributed 13 and 12 assists, respectively.
- Megan Wierzbicki (Hartford, Wis./Kettle Moraine Lutheran) added nine digs.
- Aurora was led by Peyton McKenzie's match-high 16 kills and an attack percentage of .324. Destiny Stuersel totaled 28 assists, and Lauren Marsh's finished with 11 digs.
- Wisconsin Lutheran will host NACC rival Concordia Wisconsin (5-3, 1-0 NACC) on Thursday at 7 p.m. in its home opener. CUW defeated MSOE 3-1 on Tuesday night on the road. It will mark the Warriors' first event inside the newly-renovated Time of Grace Center.