OSHKOSH, Wis. - The Wisconsin Lutheran College women's volleyball team concluded its weekend at the Pizza Hut Classic hosted by UW-Oshkosh by dropping its final two matches to St. Scholastica and St. Catherine by identical 3-1 finals.
- Final Scores: St. Scholastica 3, Wisconsin Lutheran 1 (20-25, 25-21, 28-26, 25-16); St. Catherine 3, Wisconsin Lutheran 1 (21-25, 25-9, 25-22, 25-12)
- Records: Wisconsin Lutheran (3-7), St. Scholastica (6-4), St. Catherine (5-2)
- Location: Kolf Sports Center, Oshkosh, Wis. | Attendence: 150
HOW IT HAPPENED VS. ST. SCHOLASTICA
- WLC carried momentum over from the first day of tournament play, winning the opening set 25-20.
- The Saints bounced back quickly by taking the second set 25-21.
- CSS won a thrilling third set 28-26 with the help of a .429 attack percentage.
- St. Scholastica closed out the match winning their third straight set 25-16.
INSIDE THE BOX SCORE VS. ST. SCHOLASTICA
- MacKayla Menges (Manitowoc, Wis./Lutheran) led the Warriors in kills with 17 in the contest.
- Courtney Pattison (Prairie du Chien, Wis./Prairie du Chien) filled up the box score collecting 8 kills, 27 assists, and 12 digs.
- Megan Wierzbicki (Hartford, Wis./Kettle Moraine Lutheran) led the Warriors with 18 digs.
- Andrea Hafemeister (Wauwautosa, Wis./Wauwautosa West) contributed 14 digs of her own.
- Kortney Morrin had 18 kills and 14 digs to pace the Saints.
HOW IT HAPPENED VS. ST. CATHERINE
- Wisconsin Lutheran took the opening set of the match, 25-21, before dropping the next three.
- The Wildcats dominated the second set, 25-9, and controlled the hitting percentage category .636 compared to the Warriors' -.038.
- SCU controlled the remaining two sets of the match, winning 25-22 and 25-12.
INSIDE THE BOX SCORE VS. ST. CATHERINE
- Menges collected the most kills in the match with 12, while Britley Gulke (Hustisford, Wis./Hustisford) added 11. Menges also added 11 digs for a double-double.
- Alexis Hafemeister (Milwaukee, Wis./Wauwautosa West) and Pattison accounted for all 43 of the Warriors' assists in the contest with 22 and 21, respectively.
- Leading the Warriors in digs, Wierzbicki collected 21 in the matchup against the Wildcats.
- St. Catherine hit an impressive .321 for the match and was led by Zoe Barr's 11 kills.
- The Warriors begin their NACC schedule Tuesday night when they travel to Aurora (4-4, 0-0 NACC) for a 7 p.m. contest. Live video will be available at wlcsports.com. The Spartans took three of four matches this weekend at their own Jim Coleman Memorial Classic.