WINONA, Minn. - The Wisconsin Lutheran College women's volleyball team concluded its opening weekend with a pair of setbacks against St. Norbert and UW-La Crosse Saturday in its final two matches at the Sugar Loaf Classic hosted by St. Mary's.
- Final Scores: St. Norbert 3, Wisconsin Lutheran 1 (23-25, 25-19, 25-21, 29-27); UW-La Crosse 3, Wisconsin Lutheran 0 (25-13, 25-21, 25-15)
- Records: Wisconsin Lutheran (2-4), St. Norbert (2-2), UW-La Crosse (4-1)
- Location: Gostomski Fieldhouse, Winona, Minn. | Attendance: 165
HOW IT HAPPENED VS. ST. NORBERT
- The opening set was a tight battle as the set was tied 13 times between both teams, before the Warriors eked out a 25-23 set one win.
- WLC also battled in the second set, tying the score at 18-18, but a St. Norbert rally found WLC on the short end 25-19.
- SNC would win set three 25-21 before claiming a slim 29-27 victory in the fourth set to win the match 3-1.
INSIDE THE BOX SCORE VS. ST. NORBERT
- MacKayla Menges (Manitowoc, Wis./Lutheran) tallied a match-high 20 kills and also posted 17 digs.
- Alexis Hafemeister (Milwaukee, Wis./Wauwatosa West) and Courtney Pattison (Prairie du Chien, Wis./Prairie du Chien) dished out 24 and 22 assists, respectively.
- Megan Wierzbicki (Hartford, Wis./Kettle Moraine Lutheran) led the Warriors with 20 digs.
- St. Norbert was led by Halie Ferry's 15 kills, Kaitlin Delahaut's 22 assists, and Aubree Antosch's 22 digs.
HOW IT HAPPENED VS. UW-LA CROSSE
- The Warriors held a slim lead in set two, but the Eagles proved to be too much as they defeated Wisconsin Lutheran by set scores of 25-13, 25-21, and 25-15.
INSIDE THE BOX SCORE VS. UW-LA CROSSE
- Menges and Andrea Hafemeister (Milwaukee, Wis./Wauwatosa West) tallied a team-high five kills in the match.
- Pattison led the team in assists with eight while Wierzbicki and Britley Grulke (Hustisford, Wis./Hustisford) led the defensive effort with 12 digs each.
- Jill Entinger posted 13 kills for the Eagles and Jaclyn Barrette dished out 30 assists.
- The Warriors struggled offensively, posting a - .074 hitting percentage, while UWL finished with a .147 hitting percentage.
- The Warriors' four opponents this weekend have posted a combined 14-4 record on the young season.
- Through six matches, Wierzbicki ranks first in the NACC with 92 digs and Menges is tied for first with 57 kills.
- Wisconsin Lutheran travels to Oshkosh Friday for the Pizza Hut Classic, where it will face host UW-Oshkosh (5-1) at 4 p.m. and St. Norbert (2-2) again at 6 p.m.