NAPERVILLE, Ill. (WLCSports.com) - Six members of the Wisconsin Lutheran College women's track & field team competed Wednesday and Thursday at the Gregory Invitational hosted by North Central. No team scores were recorded at the two-day "last chance" event.
- Event: Gregory Invitational
- Final Results: No Team Scores
- Location: Benedetti–Wehrli Stadium, Naperville, Ill.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Sami Huebner (Sun Prairie, Wis.) finished ninth of 16 in the heptathlon with a personal-best 3,933 points. Within the heptathlon, Huebner broke her own school record in the 200-meter dash with a first-place time of 26.12 seconds. She also posted personal-bests in the 800 meters (2:33.72) and shot put (9.34m).
- Kaylyn Shevey (Muskego, Wis.) also competed in the heptathlon and totaled 3,295 points, good for a season best. Shevey earned season best marks in the 100-meter hurdles (17.73), shot put (8.63m), and high jump (1.29m).
- Hannah Weide (New Berlin, Wis.) recorded a season best time of 5:05.23 in the 1,500-meter run.
- Brooke Malchow (Calhan, Neb.) posted a season-best time in the 800 meters of 2:34.90.
- The Warriors wrap-up their 2018 outdoor schedule after establishing a trio of school records throughout the season.