LISLE, Ill. (WLCSports.com) – Kiana Granath (Lodi, Wis.) won the heptathlon and Sami Huebner (Sun Prairie, Wis.) accounted for 22 points to lead the Wisconsin Lutheran College women's outdoor track & field team Friday and Saturday at the 2018 NACC Outdoor Championships. The Warriors finished fifth out of nine scoring teams with 77 points over the two-day conference championship.
- Event: 2018 NACC Outdoor Championships
- Final Results: 5th of 9, 77 Points
- Location: Sports Complex, Lisle, Ill.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Granath won the seven-competitor heptathlon with 3,615 points. She also placed sixth in the javelin with a personal-best throw of 30.98 meters.
- Leah Rosenow (Temecula, Calif.) sprinted to a personal record of 59.44 seconds in the 400-meter dash for third place. She was also third in the long jump with a distance of 5.15 meters and eighth in the triple jump with a mark of 10.43 meters.
- Sami Huebner (Sun Prairie, Wis.) was third in the 100-meter hurdles with a time of 15.51 and also third in the 400-meter hurdles with a personal best time of 1:06.71. Huebner also placed fourth in the 400-meter dash with a time of 1:00.31 after running a personal record 59.72 in prelims.
- Kaylyn Shevey (Muskego, Wis.) placed fourth in the heptathlon with 3,260 points. She also collected personal records in the 200 meters (28.45), 800 meters (2:30.85), shot put (8.47 meters), and javelin (20.98 meters).
- Bethany Wagenkneckt (Yorba Linda, Calif.) placed fourth in the 10,000 meters with a time of 45:03.07 and ran to a personal record in the 1,500 meters run with a time of 5:20.48.
- Hannah Weide (New Berlin, Wis.) raced to a fourth place finish in the 1,500 meters with a time of 5:07.92 and an eighth-place finish in the 5,000 meters in a time of 21:23.13.
- WLC's 4x400-meter relay team of Brooke Malchow (Calhan, Neb.), Kendra Schumacher (Little Chute, Wis.), Becca Heller (South Milwaukee, Wis.), and Huebner finished fourth in 4:09.16
- Siobhan Heiss (Beloit, Wis.) placed fifth in the 800-meter run with a personal best time of 2:29.61. Heiss also finished sixth in the 1,500 meters with another personal record of 5:11.99
- Kendra Schumacher (Little Chute, Wis.) ran to a sixth-place finish in the 800 meters with a time of 2:31.45 after running a personal record time of 2:31.17 in prelims.
- Cassie Balts (Barron, Wis.) ran to a seventh-place finish in the 10,000 meters in 46:00.10.
- Kristina Schuette (Manitowoc, Wis.) ran a time of 14:23.60 in the 3,000 meter steeplechase to place eighth.
- Heller and Malchow also sprinted to personal best of 1:02.99 and 1:02.27, respectively, in the 400 meters.
- Kailey Acra (Dupo, Ill.) and Amanda Van Swol (Racine, Wis.) ran the 1,500 meters in personal best times of 5:49.50 and 5:50.82, respectively.
- Mackencia Steinberg (Milwaukee, Wis.) ran to personal best times in the 100 meters (13.94 seconds) and 200 meters (29.18 seconds).
- Christina Biffert (Lomira, Wis.) ran a personal best of 2:41.08 in the 800 meters.
- Jenna Schmitz (Fox Lake, Wis.) jumped to a personal best mark of 4.91 meters in the long jump.
- Aurora won four events and totaled 207 points to win its seventh straight NACC outdoor crown.
- The Warriors will compete again next Thursday and Friday at the Dr. Keeler Invitational. Events are scheduled to get underway at 11:00 a.m. inside Benedetti-Wehrli Stadium in Naperville, Illinois.