WHITEWATER, Wis. (WLCSports.com) – Leah Rosenow (Temecula, Calif.) and the 4x400-meter relay team paced the Warriors women's outdoor track & field team Saturday at the UW-Whitewater Drake Alternative Meet inside Rex Foster Track Complex. No team scores were recorded at the event.
- Event: UW-Whitewater Drake Alternative Meet
- Final Results: No Team Scores
- Location: Rex Foster Track Complex, Whitewater, Wis.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Rosenow topped the field of 32 competitors in the long jump with a distance of 5.27 meters. The mark is good for a personal best and school record. The 5.27 meter leap also ranks second in the conference this season.
- The Warriors 4x400-meter relay team consisting of Brooke Malchow (Calhan, Neb.), Kendra Schumacher (Little Chute, Wis.), Becca Heller (South Milwaukee, Wis.), and Sami Huebner (Sun Prairie, Wis.) raced to first place with a time of 4:12.88. The relay time ranks second in the conference this season.
- Huebner also raced to a fifth-place finish in the 100-meter hurdle finals with a time of 15.70 seconds after running a personal best time of 15.65 seconds in the prelims.
- Cassie Balts (Barron, Wis.) and Christina Biffert (Lomira, Wis.) placed sixth (20:39.44) and ninth (21:44.98), respectively, in the 5,000 meters.
- The Warriors 4x100-meter relay team was sixth in a time of 51.93 seconds.
- Siobhan Heiss (Beloit, Wis.) ran a personal-best time in the 1,500-meter run with a time a 5:14.34. Malchow sprinted to a personal-best time of 1:03.94 in the 400-meter dash. Schumacher ran a personal-best time in the 800 meters in a time of 2:33.10. Kaylyn Shevey (Muskego, Wis.) ran a time of 1:13.41 in the 400-meter hurdles, good for a personal best. Sarah Snyder (Green Bay, Wis.) threw a personal best distance in the discus throw with a mark of 26.33 meters. Mackencia Steinberg (Milwaukee, Wis.) sprinted to a personal best in the 200 meters with a time of 29.32 seconds. Kylee Thornstenson (Appleton, Wis.) threw a distance of 19.05 meters in the javelin, good for a personal best mark.
- The Warriors will compete again Friday and Saturday at the 2018 NACC Outdoor Championships in Lisle, Ill. Events are scheduled to get underway at 10:30 a.m. both days inside the Village of Lisle-Benedictine Sports Complex.