DE PERE, Wis. (WLCSports.com) – Leah Rosenow (Temecula, Calif.) set a new school record in the triple jump while Kiana Granath (Lodi, Wis.) and Sami Huebner (Sun Prairie, Wis.) scored 16 points each to lead the Wisconsin Lutheran College women's track & field team Thursday at the St. Norbert Twilight. The Warriors finished fifth out of eight scoring teams with 65 points.
- Event: St. Norbert Twilight
- Final Results: 5th of 8, 65 Points
- Location: Schneider Stadium, De Pere, Wis.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Rosenow finished runner-up in the triple jump with a school-record leap of 10.51 meters, breaking the previous school record from 1995 of 10.24 meters. She was also fourth in the long jump with a distance of 5.12 meters, and seventh in the 200-meter dash with a time of 27.87.
- Granath was third in the 100-meter hurdles in a time of 17.04 seconds, third in the javelin with a personal-best distance of 30.85 meters, and fourth in the high jump with a mark of 1.45 meters.
- Huebner ran to a fourth-place finish in both the 100-meter hurdles (17.42 seconds) and 400-meter hurdles (1:09.55). She was also fifth in the javelin (27.59 meters) and seventh with a personal best in the high jump (1.35 meters).
- Siobhan Heiss (Beloit, Wis.) placed eighth in the 800 meters with a time of 2:35.44.
- Heiss, Bethany Wagenknecht (Yorba Linda, Calif.), and Cassie Balts (Barron, Wis.) all competed in the 3,000 meters with fourth (10:55.29), fifth (10:58.21), and eighth-place (11:22.72) finishes, respectively.
- A trio of Warriors claimed seventh-place finishes with Kaylyn Shevey (Muskego, Wis.) in the 100-meter hurdles with a time of 18.55, Jenna Schmitz (Fox Lake, Wis.) in the long jump with a distance of 4.76 meters, and Sarah Synder (Green Bay, Wis.) in the hammer throw with a mark of 33.89 meters.
- Host St. Norbert tallied 212 points to win the team title.
- The Warriors travel to Beloit next Saturday for the Wisconsin Private College Championships. Events begin at 10:30 a.m. inside Strong Stadium.