KENOSHA, Wis. (WLCSports.com) – Leah Rosenow (Temecula, Calif.) helped lead the Wisconsin Lutheran College women's track & field team with a new school record Sunday at the 2018 NACC Indoor Championships. The Warriors finished sixth out of nine scoring teams with 39.5 points.
- Event: 2018 NACC Indoor Championships
- Final Results: 6th of 9, 39.5 Points
- Location: Tarble Athletic and Recreation Center, Kenosha, Wis.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Rosenow set a new school record in the long jump with a distance of 5.07 meters, breaking the previous record of 5.05 meters set by Katie Edwards in 2006. Rosenow's jump was also good for a seventh-place finish and a personal record. Rosenow's 200-meter time of 28.60 was also good for personal record.
- Sami Huebner (Sun Prairie, Wis.) ran a 1:01.40 in the 400-meter dash which was good for third place. Huebner competed in the 55-meter hurdles placing fourth with a personal record of 9.08. She also finished sixth in the 200-meter dash in a time of 27.20.
- Kiana Granath (Lodi, Wis.) finished fourth in the high jump with a height of 1.46 meters. Granath also placed sixth in the 55-meter hurdles in a time of 9.49 after running a personal-best time of 9.24 in the preliminaries.
- Brooke Malchow (Calhan, Neb.) finished sixth in the 400-meter dash with a personal best time of 1:04.17.
- Hannah Weide (New Berlin, Wis.) and Siobhan Heiss (Beloit, Wis.) competed in the mile, placing sixth (5:46.07) and eighth (5:59.54), respectively.
- Bethany Wagenknecht (Yorba Linda, Calif.) finished eighth in the 3,000-meter run with a personal best time of 11:42.24.
- Madison Mihaljevic (West Allis, Wis.) ran a time of 21:48.16 in the 5,000-meter run for an eighth-place finish.
- The Warriors' distance medley team of Heiss, Kaylyn Shevey (Muskego, Wis.), Becca Heller (South Milwaukee, Wis.), and Kailey Acra (Dupo, Ill.) placed fifth with a time of 14:23.44.
- The Warriors' 4x400 meter relay team consisting of Malchow, Heller, Kendra Schumacher (Little Chute, Wis.), and Shevey took sixth in a time of 4:29.15.
- Christina Biffert (Fond du Lac, Wis.) ran a personal best in the 3,000-meter run with a time of 11:53.01. Jenna Schmitz (Fox Lake, Wis.) jumped to a personal record in the long jump with a distance of 4.64 meters. Schumacher also ran to a personal best in the 800-meter run in a time of 2:40.96. Sarah Synder (Green Bay, Wis.) threw a personal best of 11.38 meters in the weight throw. Mackencia Steinberg (Milwaukee, Wis.) ran a personal record time of 8.37 in the 55-meter dash.
- Aurora won the NACC women's indoor team title for the sixth consecutive season with 191.50 points.
- The Warriors will compete again next Friday at the Gill Athletics Final Qualifier. Events are scheduled to get underway at 3:00 p.m. inside the Tarble Athletic and Recreation Center in Kenosha.