KENOSHA, Wis. (WLCSports.com) – The Wisconsin Lutheran College women's track & field team began its 2018 indoor season Saturday at the Private College Invitational hosted by Carthage. The Warriors finished with 43 points for fourth place among seven scoring teams who were present at the season-opening invite.
- Event: Private College Invitational
- Final Results: 4th of 7, 43 Points
- Location: Tarble Athletic and Recreation Center, Kenosha, Wis.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Kaylyn Shevey (Muskego, Wis.) posted a winning 800-meter time of 2:41.90 for a first-place finish. Shevey also placed eighth in the high jump with a height of 1.35 meters.
- Sami Huebner (Sun Prairie, Wis.) posted a finals time in the 55-meter hurdles of 9.46 for third place. Huebner also finished seventh in the long jump with a distance of 4.50 meters.
- Kiana Granath (Lodi, Wis.) placed fourth in the 55-meter dash with a time of 9.63. Granath also finished fourth in the long jump with a distance of 4.55 meters.
- Hannah Weide (New Berlin, Wis.) raced to a fifth-place finish in the mile run with a time of 5:54.30. Siobhan Heiss (Beloit, Wis.) finished a step behind Weide in the mile with a time of 5:58.82 for sixth place.
- Cassie Balts (Barron, Wis.) placed seventh in the 3000-meter run, crossing the line in a time of 12:05.13.
- Debbie Miller (Mazeppa, Minn.) placed sixth in the long jump with a distance of 4.53 meters and seventh in the triple jump with a leap of 9.35 meters.
- Invite host Carthage captured the team title with 214.5 points.
- The Warriors will next compete Saturday, January 27 at the Green and White Invitational hosted by UW-Parkside. Events are scheduled to get underway at 10:00 a.m. inside Petretti Fieldhouse.