Apr 13, 2017
DE PERE, Wis. (WLCSports.com) - The Wisconsin Lutheran College women's track & field team finished fifth out of 11 scoring teams on Thursday at the St. Norbert Twilight inside Schneider Stadium.
- Final Results: 5th of 11, 48 Points
- Location: Schneider Stadium, De Pere, Wis.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Hannah Weide (New Berlin, Wis./Wisconsin Lutheran) recorded a pair of third-place finishes in distance events to pace the Warriors. She posted a time of 5:01.90 in the 1500 meters and 20:30.84 in the 5000 meters for a total of 12 points.
- Leah Rosenow (Temecula, Calif./California Lutheran) leaped to a fourth-place finish in the triple jump (10.19m) and a fifth-place standing in the long jump (4.83m).
- Sami Huebner (Sun Prairie, Wis./Lakeside Lutheran) posted two fourth-place finishes in the 100-meter hurdles (16.99) and the 400-meter hurdles (69.25).
- Kiana Granath (Lodi, Wis./Lodi) was fourth in the high jump (1.50m) and seventh in the 100-meter hurdles (17.22) for the Warriors.
- Cassie Balts (Barron, Wis./Barron) placed seventh in the 3000 meters with a time of 11:24.71 and Bethany Wagenknecht (Yorba Linda, Calif./Esperanza) was eighth in the 1500 meters in 5:32.50.
- The Warriors' 4x100-meter relay team was fifth with a time of 52.68, while the 4x400-meter relay team placed seventh in 4:27.09.
- Northern Michigan accumulated 254 points and won 12 events en route to the team title.
- Wisconsin Lutheran returns to De Pere on April 22 for the St. Norbert Invitational. Events begin at 10:30 a.m.