KENOSHA, Wis. (WLCSports.com) – The Wisconsin Lutheran College women's track & field team began its indoor season on Saturday at the Private College Invitational hosted by Carthage. The Warriors finished with 32 points for fifth place among eight scoring teams who were represented at the season-opening invite.
- Final Results: 5th of 8, 32 Points
- Location: Tarble Athletic and Recreation Center, Kenosha, Wis.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- After placing seventh in the prelims of the 55-meter hurdles, Sami Huebner (Sun Prairie, Wis./Lakeside Lutheran) posted a finals time of 9.36 for second place in the event. She also finished second in the 200-meter dash with a time of 28.14 and seventh in the long jump with a distance of 4.48 meters.
- Kiana Granath (Lodi, Wis./Lodi) placed fourth in the prelims for the 55-meter hurdles and posted a finals time of 9.80 for sixth place. Granath also finished fourth in the high jump with a height of 1.50 meters.
- Debbie Miller (Mazeppa, Minn./Zumbrota-Mazeppa) placed fourth in the long jump with a distance of 4.79 meters.
- Invite host Carthage captured the team title with 201.5 points.
- The Warriors will compete next on Jan. 28 at the Pioneer Open hosted by UW-Platteville. Events are scheduled to get underway at 11:00 a.m. inside Williams Fieldhouse.