NAPERVILLE, Ill. - Six members of the Wisconsin Lutheran College women's track & field team competed on Wednesday and Thursday at the Gregory Invitational hosted by North Central. No team scores were recorded at the Warriors' final last chance meet of the season.
- Final Results: No Team Scores
- Location: Jay and Dot Buikema Track, Naperville, Ill.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Amanda Frier (Oostburg, Wis./Oostburg) paced the Warriors with a sixth-place finish in the 100-meter hurdles, finishing with a time of 15.42. Kiana Granath (Lodi, Wis./Lodi) also competed in the event, recording a time of 16.47 for 13th place.
- Hannah Weide (New Berlin, Wis./Wisconsin Lutheran) posted a season-best time of 19:38.82 in the 5000 meters for 18th place. Cassie Balts (Barron, Wis./Barron) placed 21st in the event with a time of 20:12.89. Weide was also 16th in the 1500 meters with a time of 4:59.54.
- Jessica Stumpner (Crystal Lake, Ill./South) finished 17th in the 800 meters with a time of 2:21.89 and Sami Huebner (Sun Prairie, Wis./Lakeside Lutheran) was 17th in the 200-meter dash (26.56) and sixth in the javelin (25.60 meters).
- Frier will represent the Warriors at the 2016 NCAA Division III Outdoor Track & Field Championships beginning next Thursday in Waverly, Iowa. More information on the championships will be announced this weekend when the competition field is set.