LISLE, Ill. – The Wisconsin Lutheran College women's track & field team competed at the NACC Outdoor Championships at the Village of Lisle-Benedictine University Sports Complex on Friday and Saturday. The Warriors finished fifth out of nine scoring teams with 60 points.
- Final Results: 5th of 9, 60 Points
- Location: Village of Lisle-Benedictine University Sports Complex, Lisle, Ill.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Amanda Frier (Oostburg, Wis./Oostburg) finished second of 18 entries in the 400 meters with a school-record time of 58.88. Frier's prelim time of 14.86 in the 100-meter hurdles was also good for a school record and 44th nationally. She sprinted to a second-place finish in the finals of the event with a time of 14.93. Frier also won the 400-meter hurdles with a time of 1:04.62.
- After finishing fifth in the prelims, Jessica Stumpner (Crystal Lake, Ill./South) topped the field in the 800 meters with a time of 2:23.00.
- Hannah Weide (New Berlin, Wis./Wisconsin Lutheran) secured a seventh-place finish among 31 runners in the 1500 meters with a time of 4:57.77.
- Kiana Granath (Lodi, Wis./Lodi) took second in the high jump with a height of 1.56 meters, tying a school record. Granath also secured an eighth-place finish in the 100-meter hurdles with a time of 17.10.
- Sami Huebner (Sun Prairie, Wis./Lakeside Lutheran) finished fifth in the heptathlon with 3230 points. Her time of 26.47 in the heptathlon 200-meter dash was good for a school-record. Huebner also finished sixth in the 100-meter hurdles in a time of 16.56.
- Christa Winslow (Dousman, Wis./Wisconsin Lutheran) finished seventh in the 400 hurdles with a time of 1:11.98.
- Frier, Stumpner, Winslow, and Anna Curtis (Palmetto, Ga./Homeschooled) ran a 4:14.87 4x400-meter relay, good for a fifth-place finish.
- The Warriors came in fifth with 60 points, setting school four records at the championships.
- Aurora won the women's title for the fifth straight year with 239 points, defeating meet runner-up Concordia Wisconsin by 38 points.
- Select Wisconsin Lutheran athletes will be competing at last chance meets coming up this Thursday and Friday.