Posted: Apr 30, 2016
BELOIT, Wis. - The Wisconsin Lutheran College women's track & field team competed in the Beloit Relays at Strong Stadium on Friday and Saturday. The Warriors placed sixth among 13 scoring teams with 68 points.
- Final Results: 6th of 13, 68 Points
- Location: Strong Stadium, Beloit, Wis.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Amanda Frier (Oostburg, Wis./Oostburg) won the 100-meter hurdles with a Beloit Relays record time of 15.47. She also placed second in the 400-meter hurdles with a time of 1:08.25.
- Hannah Weide (New Berlin, Wis./Wisconsin Lutheran) finished second in the 1500 meters, with a season best 5:05.27. She placed third in the 5000 meters after posting a season-best time of 19:56.14.
- Kiana Granath (Lodi, Wis./Lodi) finished second in the high jump with a leap of 1.45 meters. She placed sixth in the triple jump (10.05 meters) and eighth in the 100-meter hurdles (17.58).
- Jessica Stumpner (Crystal Lake, Ill./South) recorded a third-place finish in the 1500 meters crossing the line in 5:08.61. She also competed in the 800 meters and scored a sixth-place finish with a time of 2:37.93.
- A trio of Warriors scored points in the 5000 meter run as Cassie Balts (Barron, Wis./Barron) placed fifth (21:00.05), Siobahn Heiss (Beloit, Wis./Paramount Christian) finished sixth (21:38.37), and Erika Shaw (Lafayette, Ind./Harrison) secured an eighth-place finish (22:12.12).
- Esther Harbach (Mukwonago, Wis./Mukwonago) had a toss of 22.40 meters to place eighth in the javelin.
- In the 4x800-meter relay, Stumpner, Anna Curtis (Palmetto, Ga./Homeschooled), Weide, and Heiss finished in third with a time of 10:03.38.
- Carroll took the team title after scoring 163.50 points.
- Wisconsin Lutheran next travels to Lisle, Ill., for the Northern Athletics Collegiate Conference Outdoor Championships May 6-7 at the Village of Lisle-Benedictine University Sports Complex.