Posted: Apr 16, 2016
MILWAUKEE - The Wisconsin Lutheran College women's track & field team hosted the Warrior Invitational at Raabe Stadium on Saturday afternoon. The Warriors placed third out of 11 teams with 86 points.
- Final Results: 3rd of 11, 86 Points
- Location: Raabe Stadium, Milwaukee, Wis.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Senior Amanda Frier (Oostburg, Wis./Oostburg) won the 100-meter hurdles with her time of 15.33. Frier also placed third in the 400-meter hurdles with a time of 1:05.82.
- Freshman Kiana Granath (Lodi, Wis./Lodi) won the high jump competition, clearing 1.52 meters. Granath also finished second in the 100-meter hurdles in 16.69.
- Freshman Sami Huebner (Sun Prairie, Wis./Lakeside Lutheran) won the javelin throw with a toss of 30.43 meters. Huebner also placed fourth in the 100-meter hurdles with a time of 17.04.
- Freshman Hannah Weide (New Berlin, Wis./Wisconsin Lutheran) earned a seventh-place finish in the 5000 meters with a time of 21:35.03.
- WLC won both the 800 sprint medley and the distance medley relay, setting a school record in the later event with a time of 13:19.64.
- Jessica Stumpner (Crystal Lake, Ill./South) placed fifth in the 800 meters, finishing in 2:29.49.
- Kristina Schuette (Manitowoc, Wis./Lutheran) crossed the line in third place in the 3000-meter steeplechase with a time of 14:23.61.
- Bethany Wagenknecht (Yorba Linda, Calif./Esperanza) finished right behind in fourth in the 3000-meter steeplechase with a time of 14:40.53.
- Michigan Tech won the meet with 145 points, beating second-place St. Norbert by 20 points.
- The Warriors are back in action next Saturday when they travel to compete in the St. Norbert Invitational at Schneider Stadium in De Pere. Events are set to start at 10:00 a.m.